2025 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator drops active park assist 2.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2025 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator drops active park assist 2.0

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is good news, at least to me. Cars are way too complicated today.

This is good news, at least to me. Cars are way too complicated today.
I'm very disappointed in Ford! I have used this for the past 9 years since my Lincoln MKZ and the 2020 ST had the newer version which did even more of the parking for you. I use this nearly every day and love the feature! If Lincoln will continue to have the feature, I'll buy a Lincoln next! Otherwise I'm gonna consider switching away from the Ford family... Every time I get a new car, I want to add technology and features not take them away.

I wonder if it will be dropped from the Lincoln line in the near future as well. I'm on my 5th vehicle with Park Assist and have yet to use the feature. Where I live, there isn't much use for it so it isn't something I'll miss.

Peter

They claim not enough people were using it to make it worthwhile. They learn that from data sent from the vehicles back to Ford.

They claim not enough people were using it to make it worthwhile. They learn that from data sent from the vehicles back to Ford.
Guilty. ;)

Peter

I had it on my previous Explorer and used it .... TWICE, just to test and show parents.... i can park, i don't need it and glad my 21 KR doesn't have it.

I've never used it on mine.

As i mentioned in the other post -
I had it on my previous Explorer and used it .... TWICE, just to test and show parents.... i can park, i don't need it and glad my 21 KR doesn't have it.

As i mentioned in the other post -
I don't NEED it but I use it every time and LOVE it and WANT it on every vehicle I drive now. I'm not losing features with every new vehicle I always want to gain new features and not give up old features. After watching so many people struggle to maintain speed on the highway, not staying in their lane and forgetting to turn on head lights not to mention taking forever to parallel park, half the drivers out there need these features. I don't need them but I like them and never want to stop using them. Also, once I used auto-hold and blind-spot warning, I hate having a rental car or work vehicle that I have to keep my foot on my brake at a red light or having to look over my shoulder for blind-spot. OMG don't get me started on rain-sensing wipers. I've had them for 14 years and hate driving a car I have to constantly adjust wiper speed or turn them on or off.

The blind spot warning system does not negate the need to do a shoulder check. I believe this is also mentioned in the manual.
I wonder if Auto Hold would keep the vehicle from lurching forward if hit from behind?

Peter

The blind spot warning system does not negate the need to do a shoulder check. I believe this is also mentioned in the manual.
I wonder if Auto Hold would keep the vehicle from lurching forward if hit from behind?

Peter
I'm not worried that much about being hit from behind and love the auto-hold. This was the first vehicle I ever had it on and love it. I think it's the same as you applying the brakes with your foot or maybe the same as the parking brake. The brake lights definitely come on with auto-hold. As for blind-spot warning, it has used flawlessly for me since 2010 so I've gotten used to trusting it.

Back