210,000 miles on the 99 sport and going strong. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

210,000 miles on the 99 sport and going strong.

biggiesize

Reaction score
City, State
Martinsville,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 sport
Just thought I'd give the ex a pat on the back.She rolled over to the 210,000 mile mark last month.(It actually has 211,500 on it now).Still rolling strong and showing no signs of stopping.Its a 4.0 sohc and I have been lucky with the timing issues.Never had to do anything to them and never developed the timing tick.Just oil changes with Castrol every 3,000 miles and never an internal issue.I have definitely got my moneys worth out of it and I guess I will drive it till I'm Flintstoning it down the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, Mine is rolling over 207k here soon. Engine runs strong, everything around it is falling to pieces. I bought with high miles from a soccer mom...just trashed visually.Not a leak, seep, drip or oil burning.

That's awesome, always cool to hear about Explorers exploring past 200k. I've got mine down for a body restoration right now, but its at 150k and never had a transmission, transfer case, or engine problem. Did a front end rebuild for a stronger IFS but never needed any serious repairs. So is your next goal half a million?

400k km on mine still running strong regular maintenance original drive train

I have an aunt who had one as a company vehicle. She put over 350,00 miles on hers. It was all highway, but thats pretty dang impressive.

My door handles flap in a breeze but the engine wont die. Last night I did rotors and pads up front, Im afraid they may outlast the truck. With a long list of little things to fix and replace...
power steering pump, shocks, ball joints, door handle springs, exhaust manifold, and body work.

Hopefully it just keeps going.

HAHA.I know exactly what you mean about the door handle flapping in the breeze.

Back