22" lcd recommendations (lets make this explorer ICE) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" lcd recommendations (lets make this explorer ICE)

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i've been doing a lot of searching locally and on the net for a suitable lcd screen. I want o be able to use it in my bedroom to watch cable and dvds as well as in the back of my truck for shows with dvd and ps2. In my bedroom i will be using it for the sound as well so it would be nice if it had speakers.

the other requirements are that it has to be a widescreen model 4:3 ratio and it has to look aesthetically pretty and have a great picture (obviously)

I initially really liked the zenith models when i looked at them in stores, but i also thought the panasonic was aight.

after searching the net for an hour or two i found a model by REAL DIGITAL for 899 after rebates in the 22" size which is gettting great reviews and comes with two external speakers (which would be great for my bedroom)

so has anyone used a REAL DIGITAL product in the past? anyone seen one?

which brand do you recommend from experience?

and finally- whre shoudl i post this question? explorer audio shoudl be explorer ICE if you ask me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the other requirements are that it has to be a widescreen model 4:3 ratio and it has to look aesthetically pretty and have a great picture (obviously)

um, 4:3 is standard, 16:9 is widescreen

Sony has a 22" widescreen lcd tv that is $1500.:D

I ran into an 18" normal aspect ratio lcd that could be used as a monitor or tv. I think it was made by viewsonic. Might be nice if you plan on doing a computer in car thing.

i really like the sharp screen i have up front, but their larger widescreens all have built in speakers that i find ugly.

i doubt the sony has the kind of picture quality i'm looking for.

i believe the monster garage one was the 17" zenith (but i'm not sure)- i didn't see the episode but a friend told me after i told him what i was doing.

still looking for an outside opinion from someone who has compared many of these for themselves.

One of the issues you're going to run into is the power aspect. The household units run on AC while the truck is DC, so you're going to have to run an inverter.

yeah, i went and looked at some more today including the sony. the picture on it is good, but it just isn't as purty as i'd like. i'd be tempted to try to get its surround airbrushed because the matte black just doesn't do it for me.

also, is there a widescreen sony in the size range i'm looking at? i only found a 17" today and it just seems to small.

hartman- i already run one tv just like this remember? i can handle the power situation. I actually hardwired into the tv itself up front where it can take 12 volt. on this one i may do the same may do an iverter

ud want to do an inverter wouldnt u because u are gunna use it in the house to..mabey i dont understand the hardwired thing..meh i dunno lol

1.600$..i think i need new drawrs =) lol

yes! that one is very much what i'm looking for

i also like the sharp 22" right now

where are you planning on mounting it in the vehicle?!

right in the middle of this

Attachments

• subfan2.jpg
    subfan2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 220

Aight couple suggestinos big guy.....and a couple comments...

Sharp Aquos is the leading technology in LCD Flat Panel televisions.....

The Sharp 30" has detachable speakers and his 16:9 and his high definition....large then you wanted but hey you can only ask so much.....nice TV if it suites your needs buy that one....

Also...Sony LCDs are garbaje (yes with a J)...do not buy them they are way over priced for the quality except one model which I will get the number for you tomorrow from work for....

Other option...Toshiba...always look at Toshiba no matter your biast...you are a fool if you don't....good prices and awesome quality.....

Hmmm...what else....oh make sure you don't buy an EDTV....that is also garbaJe (cap J)...and since you are going for a LCD always go HD because you shoud...:) and if u are going HD then go 16:9 because all HD is sent in a widescreen format...btw little bit of caution...high vibration may cause problems with the technology due to the liquid crystal display areas (sheets) inside the TV...jiggling and aggressive vibration may be harmful.....hmmmm what else....any questions...i can answer just about anything on TVs.....

i already warned him about the massive vibes lol didnt phase him lol

It should phase anyone who knows how the technology works....its like take a digital projection tv and turning it face down flat on the ground....or doing the same to a DLP.....

nothing i can do about it other than get a warranty...

its not like i'm gonna have it in the truck all the time anyways

This is true......very true.....

Expo hit me up on AIM: HotCtyPlaya wanna ask you a couple questions....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

itl be fine as long as he doesnt run the volume up all the way while its back there...as far as i know itl on be in there on show days where itl be parked most of the time anyway

Back