• Register Today It's free!

22" wheel offset

Ecobully

Reaction score
City, State
Anoka, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Sport
I'm looking to buy wheels for my sport, but I have a question on the offset, which I've searched but haven't found an answer yet.

I'm pretty sure the stock offset is 38mm, however I'm looking at 22x9.5 wheels, with an offset of 20mm. Has anyone seen this or have a photo to show what a 20mm offset would look like on the truck?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Read up on the relationship between offset and wheel width, and how to measure where your wheels sit relative to the fenders. Once you do that everything makes sense and you can really figure out how things will look and work on your car.

assuming the stock wheels are the same width (I'm not sure how wide they are), your new wheels will sit out 18mm closer to the fender. If the stock wheels are thinner, by say an inch~ 24mm (8.5" wheel), that would mean that at the factory offset, the new wheel width has just added 12mm out toward the fender and toward the inner wheel well. Add the extra 18mm of offset, and the wheels are now 30mm closer to the fender than your current setup.

Google how to measure for wheel adapters/spacers and that will show you the method to measure where your wheels sit relative to the fender

Thanks for the response - I've done the research and spent hours reading through this forum, but I was hoping maybe someone had a pic of the 20mm offset on a 9.5 rim, because I'm now of a visual person.

That being said, I think the wheels are tucked in too far from the factory with stock rims, which is why it looks like several people have gone with wheel spacers, so I was hoping the offset would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yes the stock wheels are WAAAAAAAYYYY tucked in. I just lowered mine and now that is even more obvious. I will be ordering some adapters for mine tonight.. Gotta go measure once I get done watching this NBA post game show... Go Warriors!

There's an "aftermarket wheels" thread around here somewhere, try to find that. Quite a few people in there with 22's, not sure how many mentioned their width/offset, but you can always ask those who didn't share that info.

Just as reference, I have Edge Sport wheels on my LTD. The offset is 39, and width is 9 inches. I'm running 285/40 tires.

I will be installing my adapters next week, I hope. :D

image_zpstuqgctqw.jpg

IMG_2309_zpsrz0xywgg.jpg

Back