City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer xlt
2013fordexplorergiovann.jpg
285-40/22 tires fit nice don't rub

2013exploreplastidipgri.jpg

ill post more when I get better pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013fordexplorerboltpat.jpg

had one of those bolt patter gauges so I put it on while wheels were off don't know if this can help anybody 5x4 1/2

Very nice!! Those are huge wheels!

Looks good. After waitiing for a month and being given 3 different ship dates for my 22" Kilis I was informed this week Giovanna doesn't have any. Went back to square one and ordered the Koko Kuture Sardinia 5's. Should be a few weeks. Please post more pics.
I'm assuming you meant 265 width and not 285?

Thanks txaggie and Bstollmaier, looked up the KoKos they are going to look good, i've always liked a clean 5 star...

I said it right 285 with they are actually really close to stock size, I used this tire size comparison site to decide. I actually was thinking of going to a 305 but it would have been to much larger in diameter that I would probably lose power and rub

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=265-50r20-285-40r22

Are they the 10.5" wheel or the 9"?

Looks great billyg! I am going for the same look when I get our '14 sport in the same white color. On another note, your door handles, are they white? If so how did you do it? Painted? 3M?

I forgot to ask, how is the ride compared to the 20's? A little harsh? The sport has a bit tighter suspension compared to your XLT so I will keep that in mind as well.

1j6hxi.jpg

Bstollmaier they are 9 inch +38 offset, here is a pic of the rim specs might help people out, I think they fit perfect

steadfast the ride is a little harder but still a great ride, in my opinion the sport should really come with 22s anyway, crazy that you can get an edge with 22s and not a ex-sport?
the door handles are plasti-diped white with pearlizer, the match is slightly brighter white but from 5 feet back you don't notice the difference. I did one side on the truck the other side I took off after some good insight from Bstollmaier in finding the screw that holds them on

The overlays look great in that font. Where did you get them? Cost?

got the overlays on ebay, you tell them color and font and they will custom make them, I think it was around 30 bucks

Got my overlays yesterday. Thanks for the info. I liked yours, so I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your idea.
0531451c-d2d6-40ad-a42a-b8b727ba30e6_zps17b5720c.jpg

IMG_2680_zpsc198e76c.jpg

Looks good!

Dmlns, they look really good especially on the silver truck

Thanks for the idea billyg900.

Dont suppose you could post a link for the decals could you ? .. Would be greatly appreciated for an ebay-dummy ... they look great !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great billyg900, could you post some more pics from the side of your explorer? I am really interested in getting these rims for my Explorer, thanks!!

Back