22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

So I am looking at upgrades and have thought about the following being my first two ‘big’ purchases. What are your thoughts?

First would be the wheels here. I have 20's with the sport wheels right now, but I’m thinking 22’s?
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-turbina-5-lug-matte-black-face-org.jpg

Second (and more…out there) would be this
MMD Mustang V-Series Hood Scoop - Unpainted 390830-00 (15-17 GT, EcoBoost, V6)

Now I have NO idea if this would work, but I love this look...so the question becomes, has anyone ever installed a hood scoop on their stock '16 ??

What are your thoughts??????

Welcome to the Forum Austin.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this one on the topic of 22" wheels.
22" wheels, not my cup of tea, but a few members have installed them. Keep in mind that when installing larger wheels/tires you are also adding additional weight to the suspension and brakes and that may also have an effect on the electronic systems like ABS, traction control. A larger tire should preferably not exceed the diameter variance vs OEM by more than 3% for the same reasons.

As for the hood scoop; I've been on here since Dec. 2010 and don't recall anyone adding a hood scoop. Found this thread with the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right);Hood scoops

Peter

I have 22’s. 20’s are too small for the Ex, yet 22’s were available on the smaller Edge Sport, and that’s the ones I have. The ones you posted have to many spokes for my liking, and not a fan of black wheels. The ‘phony’ hood scoop, why? Even if it could be made to fit, it would still be NON functional!!! :snicker::hammer:

So I am looking at upgrades and have thought about the following being my first two ‘big’ purchases. What are your thoughts?

First would be the wheels here. I have 20's with the sport wheels right now, but I’m thinking 22’s?
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-turbina-5-lug-matte-black-face-org.jpg

Second (and more…out there) would be this
MMD Mustang V-Series Hood Scoop - Unpainted 390830-00 (15-17 GT, EcoBoost, V6)

Now I have NO idea if this would work, but I love this look...so the question becomes, has anyone ever installed a hood scoop on their stock '16 ??

What are your thoughts??????

Thanks for the input! I think I am definitely going 22's...what size tire did you go with? Any rubbing?

Back