22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

New wheels. 22" Sardinia 5

Here they are. Next are spacers. 15mm front, 20mm rear.

IMG_4537.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow talk about truck ****!!!

Rims look sweet, If I'm not mistaken your lowered right?

One of the nicest new gen's I've seen.

What's the specs on the wheels and tires? How my did they cost you?

Do not get spacers! First it already looks great, and second you will get horrible vibrations! I had to use spacers on my 2007 slk55 to clear the front rotors with a set of rims I ordered. They were hub centric/ expensive spacers, not cheap ones and the car drove like s#!+. It was so bad I ended up buying another set of wheels just a couple months later. Your car looks great already without them!

Thanks guys. The wheels are 22x9, the tires are Nitto 420S 265/40 22. Total shipped cost was about $2900 USD.
Regarding the spacers, I've read so many opinions on them both positive and negative. Everyone has had their own experiences with them. In theory if they are machined correctly there should be no reason for vibration. I'm not saying you didn't have an issue but perhaps something went wrong in the machining of yours, who knows. I figure I'll give them a shot and if I don't like them I can sell them. I appreciate the info though.

Mann that looks awesome.. Nice ride.

wow, they look really good

perfect! truck looks great. gonna be turning heads driving around your town

Sweet!.....love the look....all you need is the SPORT grill.

those running boards MAY be a bit superfluous :)

I'm usually not a fan of too big for the vehicle tires, but you've done a super job matching them up to your overall ride !

Very nice!!

are those the factory splash guards? what running boards are those again?

What are the fender vents from? Not functional I take it. Install pics?

AWESOME! I too have the Tuxedo Black Metallic. Your picture confirms my idea to either paint or apply vinyl sticker on the chrome parts of the grill.

I think the side vents have been actually embedded. Those must've required a professional to install those. Did the vents actually help with the ventilation of the engine compartment? Or are they just for show?

Thanks everyone. Here's the list of mods so far.
1. Aries running boards. These went on before lowering. Now that it is lowered I've thought about removng them. Once I'm finished with mods I'll take a good look and decide.
2. Lowered with Ford Flex H&R springs.
3. Fender vents. These were from Ebay and are similar to the Range Rover sport. I installed them myself and they are more for looks than function although I do feel engine heat coming out through them :)
4. Painted the grill and roof rack rails with Dupli-color semi gloss black.
5. Wheels/tires.
6. Reformed the inside of the rear fenders using a heat gun. The fender is a flat lip over 1" wide so I bent them up on the inside to lessen the chance of rubbing.
7. Put a black edition badge on the back. That gave it about 10hp.
8. K&N CAI.
9. Magnaflow Catback.
10. Factory splash guards. These were actually the first thing I ever did.

Next weekend I'll be painting the door handles & chrome strips body color. Spacers are on order. I think that will complete it.
Here are a few pics from the fender vent installation:

1.jpg

2.jpg

those running boards MAY be a bit superfluous :)

I'm usually not a fan of too big for the vehicle tires, but you've done a super job matching them up to your overall ride !

Yes, I agree. Looks great!

You could basically fall into the driver's seat. I vote lose the running boards.

My new wheels 22" Giovanna Dalar

Hello to all,

Here are some pics of my new rims they are 22 x 9, Giovanna Dalar.

Tires are 265/40/22, Cant remember the brand, sorry.

Total cost 1900$ installed with all hardware.

Let me know what you all think. PS sorry for the dirty pics, didnt have time to clean before posting.

img0264vv.jpg

img0265qm.jpg

img0267ed.jpg

img0269jh.jpg

img0268h.jpg

those rims are nice!

truck looks great!

you should paint the calipers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the comments billyg900,
Ya the more I look at them the more I feel I have to do something about them, and its only been a day...

Im looking into those caliper covers, not sure if its a good idea, just exploring different options at the moment, but it would look nice with black rotors and white calipers.

Back