22's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think u will have to run rubber band tires and there will be some rubbing but in not sur emaybe blackmagic or hartman or another streeter will chime in and help ya..

PEACE

they will fit, just get skinny tires, and make sure they aren't too wide.... any 22"s will fit that have a 5 x 4.5 or 5 x 114.3 lug pattern.

tirerack.com wont even let you buy rims for explorers due to that whole firestone incident, and liability, but they will still fit

Yes, they will fit but you'll have to run the smallest tire made for a 22 inch rim which is 265/30/R22. Like always, I would advise you NOT to do this. You can get 20s for almost half the price and still maintain some ride and functionality.

I also agree to go with 20"s... I've seen a 95up X with 22"s and it just dont look right and it rides like a rock... Also there is a much bigger selection with 20"s...

hey thanks guys for the info. i was thinking of going with 20's anyways... i was just wonderin. thanks though:cool:

anyone know any 21's that they make. new idea:D

Back