235/65/18 recommendations?

Digitalgp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hudson valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘15 XLT
I am going to need new tires before winter. Anybody have recommendations in the 235/65/18? Don’t need anything aggressive. Just a decent set of all seasons that will last, not drag down gas mileage more than it already is and on the less expensive side.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like my General Grabbers that I put on a year ago. Quiet but gets through snow easily. And won't break the budget.

The most affordable ones I had on mine were Kuhmo A21 or something. Lasted 40-50 k and were about 650 with install.

D Hook, I was looking at the general grabbers. They seem decent and I think they have some kind of rebate on them till the end of the month. How are they wearing after a year?

Explorer_PL I’ve had kumhos in the past on 2 different vehicles and the only thing I didn’t like was that I felt like they didn’t seem to last long. All I remember was that it was just shy of 2 years for both and I wasn’t driving as much as I do now. I’m one to religiously check my tire pressures especially with fluctuating temperatures and rotate every 6 months.

Wear has been great. I've had two explorers with these and have never been disappointed.

Glad to hear. I think the grabbers are the way I am going to go

Back