24 lb injectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

24 lb injectors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you changing out the stock 19# for the 24#? If so, are you changing out your MAF to match as well? There are plenty aftermarket injectors available on Summit , Jegs, and the like.

If your looking to add engine performance, this thread will be better suited in the Need for Speed section.

I bought my last set of 24# bosch injectors on Ebay
stock injectors are 19# just FYI
installing 24# will cause some major problems without a tune

@410Fortune My stock injectors are #20s and mine is a v6 what gives

@mrjody
I have some 47pound injectors m9593g302 ford racing
If your interested

Are you changing out the stock 19# for the 24#? If so, are you changing out your MAF to match as well? There are plenty aftermarket injectors available on Summit , Jegs, and the like.

If your looking to add engine performance, this thread will be better suited in the Need for Speed section.
I just need some 24 or 30 lb injectors. Which MAF air works.on the explore stuff? As far as plug in

@410Fortune My stock injectors are #20s and mine is a v6 what gives

@mrjody
I have some 47pound injectors m9593g302 ford racing
If your interested
47's are a little to big for my build.well..right now.😎

@donalds
We have two extra cylinders, so two more 19#
20x6 = 120
19x8= 152 as you can see I can still chew up more fuel then you

The difference between a 19lb and 20lb injector is negligible
19 lbs of fuel per hour vs 20 lbs of fuel per hour? sounds like a gimmick LOL (no longer laughing out loud it is now Life On Lockdown!)

I need a set of 24 lb injectors for a 99 mountaineer 302.. where can I get these?
Thanks

96-98 cobra injectors are 24lb

I saw some motor guy on ebay that focuses on injectors. I'd buy from him in a heartbeat.

Help me understand this..
So..as we all know our trucks have a fuel pressure that is non adjustable..on the returnless systems(2000 in this case) roughly at 65 psi...
Sooo... if injectors are rated at the standard 39 psi, out trucks are 65psi.. that would make a 24 lb injector almost like a 30 lb injector, is that how this works?

Help me understand this..
So..as we all know our trucks have a fuel pressure that is non adjustable..on the returnless systems(2000 in this case) roughly at 65 psi...
Sooo... if injectors are rated at the standard 39 psi, out trucks are 65psi.. that would make a 24 lb injector almost like a 30 lb injector, is that how this works?

Don Lasota at lasota racing told me you can use a fuel pressure regulator for finer adjustment s
But 24 to 30 seems like a large jump IMO

Fair enough.. Im right at the envelope of needing 30's... and right at the envelope of 24's are not enough.
Which brings me to the next question.. Im pretty sure we use ev6 injectors.. BUT.. when I was asking a place if they had ev6 30lb.. they go into alot more science that I do not know.. like USBUS or something along those lines as the connector.
Anyone know for sure what 30 lb injector would work using the explorer harness?

You mean like these left over from my build brand new ford with the adapter s ;) #30lb btw 8 of them
20200422_160912.jpg

Also some info on injectors here on my build thread

Well well well ... Since those are leftovers.. I suppose you no longer need those.. which brings me to my next question... How much you need out of them..lol

200$ but I'd confirm with @410Fortune on fitment he's a real pro

@410Fortune are v6sohc and v8. 5.0 injectors the same size
In terms if dimensions
I think they are

I just looked up these injectors they are 47 lb sorry for my mistake it's been a year since I. Looked until today

I just looked up these injectors they are 47 lb sorry for my mistake it's been a year since I. Looked until today
Thats ok.. thanks for letting me know

Thats ok.. thanks for letting me know
Yea my son was like uuuuh dad their #47s I was like Damn
I was wrong twice in one day lol face Palm
The injectors are there for you if you need them or anyone else on the forum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another option is a better pump that's what I did
The better pump will make your fuel pressure static even under load
This allowed me to keep my stock injectors
This was a suggestion from my tuner
And it worked

Back