255/75/17 with a TT and shackles?

kaczman

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Heavily Modified ST
Hi all,

Bout to buy some BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain TA 255/75/17s for these new Silver 2007 Ford Edge wheels I bought.

Do you think ill have to do any trimming or anything with a TT and 2" shackles?

They look to be 32.1" tall. My existing tires are 255/70/16s - 30.1"

What do you all think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You shouldn't have any problems with rubbing. Maybe from lock to lock. Are you 4wd? That's a skinny tire isn't it?

I am 4WD. and it is kinda skinny, but looks very nice.

This tire/ rim calculator will help you out alot...

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

With the Edge rims you'll probably need wheel spacers. use the calculator to figure out the difference in ofset to see what size spacers you'll need.

i have 255/65/16 and can go lock to lock with no rub at all, and even some clearance.. that was b4 my lift too.

2002 Sport Trac: Bolt pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5). Offset: 10 to 25 mm

2007 Edge: Bolt pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5). Offset: 35 to 45 mm.

So what type of spacer would I need to fill out properly?

I was thinking about putting these BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires on, but I'm afraid I wont like the road noise or ride for the rest of the winter since I do very little off roading.

Or I can get the same size (255/75/17) in Goodyear Wrangler SR-A, which has a less aggressive tread pattern, but should ride smoother and quieter during normal driving.

Here are the wheels. I plan on painting them two tone, maybe black chrome and gunmetal, or all black chrome, or all gunmetal. Any suggestions?

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

With the offsets that you listed I'd get either 1"-1.25" wheel spacers to even it out with the stockers. You may wanna get 1.5" spacers to get a better stance and more stability. Your a week late, I just sold my 1.5" spacers to another member.

Go for the BFG's for better traction in the winter, it's gonna be a bad one this year.

What model of 1" or 1.25" spacers did you use? I prefer the tires dont stick too far out the wheel wells...

anythign you recommend in 1.25" or 1"?

Coming soon (with bigger tires)

ohyeahr.jpg

Same seller just look at their other sizes.

Oh and when you mount those wheels again make sure thier on straight or you might have a bobble going down the road.

:wavey::p:

I've read that the BFG KM2s weren't very good in snow. Not sure because I've never had them and it doesn't really snow in south Georgia. Just something to consider.

Those wheels will look good on a ST. I think somebody else has done that before, but I don't remember who.

Hugh, the KM2's aren't siped like my DuraTracs but will be alot better for him then the GoodYears he listed. We get bad winters up here in the Ohio valley and from the Great Lakes.

Why are those the only two choices for tires? Craigslist? Of those two, yeah, I guess the KM2s would be better. Those are actually what I'll get next if I don't go with Treadwright. My brother-in-law has 10 of them in his garage right now (five 75% tread or more, five spare-worthy) but I just can't afford to buy them or 17" wheels right now. Maybe for Christmas if he hasn't sold them.

We get bad winters up here in the Ohio valley and from the Great Lakes.

Oh, I'm aware. That's why I don't visit family up there past Thanksgiving. I don't understand how humans live in those conditions, lol. Probably similar to how they don't want to visit me in July or August.

they are KMs. not km2. any difference?

You definetly want the kind with the studs on them. The factory studs are not long enough to go through those spacers and have the wheels bolt to them (the ones you linked to).

The difference between the KM's and KM2's are a newer design. No biggy. Looking at the picture I didn't think that was a KM2.

Cool! Ill order the adapters now I guess. thanks for your help!

The difference between the KM's and KM2's are a newer design. No biggy. Looking at the picture I didn't think that was a KM2.

Yeah the name on the sidewall on that picture says its just a KM. Nothing wrong with that though, although I do like the new design of the KM2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so I took the brand new edge wheels and sanded them down.... primer tonight. paint tomorrow =)

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

Back