265/50/20 tires?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

265/50/20 tires??

Will 265/50/20 toyo proxes s/t tires fit good on my 95 sport? I am also considering lowering it about 2 inches, let me know please!!! Also, are toyo tires recommended over goodyear eagle 275/45/r20?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

C'mon someone must have SOME info!!?? Please let me know !

They should fit just fine. I was kicking those arround. Just the cost is a factor. They end up being about 400-600 more than the Goodyear 275/45/20's. I really like the proxies though other than the cost!

So will these rub at all or anything like that? Also if i am planning on lowering it, will this create a problem?

Slick, those should work good. Any tire that you put on a 20 inch rim SHOULD NOT RUB. NOTHING SHOULD RUB! Now go and buy a damn tire for gods sake!

I owuld be worried about them rubbing.
Right now I am lowered 2"s with 275/55/17s. This tire fits perfect and is about 29.1" tall.

I am however thinking of going to 20's but I dont want a taller tire.... im afraid of rubbing and raising my gear ratio even more........which i dont want!!!

I am looking at a set of 275/40/20's which will lower my gear ratio just a little and are 28.7" tall..... these should not rub at all..... they should basically be the same as the tires i have now. the only problem is I have only found one company...(i think dunlop) that makes this size (and its acturally for a truck) but they are about $320 a tire!!

Id have to sell my chrome Rs and tires first....... but 20s would just look killer!!!

OK I am VERY close to buying my 20s! Last tire question, for my 95 sport do u guys recommend a nitto 255/50/20 tire or a toyo proxy 265/50/20? Let me know, i'm considering the new KMC Condor 20s! look tight!

i would go with the 265/50 r20. WIDER IS BETTER hehe.

Im getting the Toyos as well along with Mondera B-52 20's
I will have them in a week or so.

Anabolic, I want to see some pics when you get your wheels on. How did you ever find those nice Mondera wheel?!?:D Anyways, they will look tight!

Xplor- thanks for pointing them out hehe. I guess i kept skipping by them when i saw them.. When i finally took a look it pretty much sealed the deal hehe.

OK i have decided to go with the 265/50/20 toyo proxy tires, thanks for your help guys! i'll try to get some pics eventually

OK i know i said i decided, but i just found out its an additional $250 for the toyo proxy tires instead of goodyear 275/45/20s. Do u guys think its worth it? which is a better tire and which will last longer?

This dealer online is giving me the rim/tire combo. I cant decide on rims or tires now haha. Do u know if toyos last longer than goodyear?

I have no clue on what tire lasts longer. Probly the GoodYears. The Toyo's are performance tires so they are softer. I think the Goodyears are the way to go for a daily driver!

Slick, I see your in Tempe, AZ. I work for Edward Jones and we just opened another home office there for disaster recovery if St.Louis ever blows up. Anyway I sent down there a few buddies that moved down there. Just Useless info.

OK i guess i'll go with the gooyears then. They will definetly be driven on a lot. Thanks for your help guys!

Mondera = :thumbsup:
Toyo = :thumbsup:

I would recommend going with the Goodyear if you do a lot of highway driving or you plan to lower more than 3 or 4 inches. Both are good tires, personally I like the Toyo looks better, but the Goodyears are considerably cheaper. Checkout OnlineTires.com, they have excellent prices on Toyo tires.

Slick

I'm new to the forum but I must say if it is a nice sporty look you want achieve I would highly recommend you not getting the 265/50/20, but rather a 265/45/20 or what I have a 275/45/20. I have a 2001, but I know someone with a 1998 with the same size, with no issues at all. I am also going to lower my vehicle approx. 2 inches also. Personally I think If you dont want the 4X4 look you should not go with the 50 profile on 20's they should only go on the larger trucks like Expeditions, or Yukons that have more gap to fill. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to appoligize for being a phat piece of crap!

Back