265-75-16's on a 98-01 4d explorer -help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

265-75-16's on a 98-01 4d explorer -help?

Anybody running them w/o any lift? Came w/ the 255/70-16.

I know 265-70's and even 275-70's will work just fine. The 265-75-16 works perfectly on the 4wd Ranger.

Any suggestions? The only issue is clearance because its not too big a tire for the axles, etc.

Thanks
Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just found this thread because I was looking to put 265/70R17's on my X and being that they are both the same diameter tires, I guess we can do it!...

check it out... :thumbsup:

Dead Link Removed

I was actually considering upsizing to the 265-70-17 so hopefully someone will chime in for both of us!!!

I know the 265-65-17 will work, but there's limited options for that size.

I've gotten my answer from another thread -the 265/75 will work with a little trim to the well.. GREAT!

thanks for the input... i dont think a 265 75 17 was ever in question though...

I know that the 265 75 16 and the 265 70 17 are the same diameter though... now its just a matter of deciding tires... Wrangler MT/R's or BFG AT KO's... hmmm soo much money uggghh

tires

I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO's. Their reviews are better than Michelin and BFG, and they're considerably cheaper.

ive been lookin at the BFG M/T but today i saw the Mud Grappler Extreme. Is anyone running these on their X? R these a good tire?

I have a 2000 explorer Eddie Bauer edition AWD 5.0 stock suspension an I have 255/70r16
I just got 265/75r16
Will I need to do any thing to have not so much rub ??

Do they rub?
Many 99-01 explorers came with 265 16 stock

Do they rub?
Many 99-01 explorers came with 265 16 stock
Yeah it came with 255/70r16 the 265/75 r16 are the first ones I found that had good tread and no rot on the tires I haven't took them off the old rims n put them on mine but l need a alignment an boath ball joint s my front tires are bald af now I got the alignment goodish I need to get a real one but hope that comes soon..

Yeah it came with 255/70r16 the 265/75 r16 are the first ones I found that had good tread and no rot on the tires I haven't took them off the old rims n put them on mine but l need a alignment an boath ball joint s my front tires are bald af now I got the alignment goodish I need to get a real one but hope that comes soon..
So I don't know yet if they rub?but I need em

I have 2017 Ford Explorer XLT. Planning to replace wider and taller tires. What is the max cross section and aspect ratio for R18 will fit?

I have 2017 Ford Explorer XLT. Planning to replace wider and taller tires. What is the max cross section and aspect ratio for R18 will fit?
Welcome McNeil!
This thread is talking about Gen2 Explorers, 95-01. I suggest you repost your question in the section for your 2017 to get that specific information.

Back