2DIN-Install 01' Explorer Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2DIN-Install 01' Explorer Question

while were on this topic, do you guys have a problem with your music library? Like you try to catalog your DVD(mp3's)? I would like to get it like

BAND
-ALBUM
--SONGS

but instead i can only get all ALBUMS.. Im not sure if its just the software im using (nero) or what.. in the manual it says that it supports the filing like that but I'm just having trouble... anyone else getting this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

while were on this topic, do you guys have a problem with your music library? Like you try to catalog your DVD(mp3's)? I would like to get it like

BAND
-ALBUM
--SONGS

but instead i can only get all ALBUMS.. Im not sure if its just the software im using (nero) or what.. in the manual it says that it supports the filing like that but I'm just having trouble... anyone else getting this?

So first you press the file search button and you should get the albums/ or bands list(top folders in your file tree)

Now if you press the arrow on the left side of the album the HU plays all files in that folder

But if you press the triple arrows to the right side your HU should pull up the file list within the folder (aka songs)

Let me know if this helps of if I misunderstood your problem

Justin

You have it right, but instead of the root folder being all my albums(even tho i burned the cd BAND>ALBUM>SONGS) i want it to be as i burned it..

Say for instance i press the folder browser button... i want it to pop up like all the bands then i press the double arrow i want it to open up all the albums ect..

In the manual it shows that it supports the file library like that, it just isn't working for some reason..

One last attempt, has anyone installed a Double Din (pref: ALPINE W205) in their [2001] Explorer?

i have a double din pioneer d3 and i got my trim kit on ebay had to mod it a bit but it was simple also take the whole bezel out put the headunit in the bezel run a piece of duct tape top and bottom connecting the bezel to the unit top and bottom and it will never slide or move ever

d2.JPG

Scosche kit. The sides hold the unit to the bezel, and the rear track slider keeps it secure vertically and positioned level. Trimmed the bezel for a perfect fit (hidden behind the filer plate). Lined the opening with black felt on the rear to hide any hairline openings, even with the filler plate.

I just put in an eclipse deck and the double dins do not allow you to use the trim unless you heavily modify it. I just went with out and it doesn't look too bad. I got the 95-5600 from Metra it would be sweet for that kenwood or the pioneers that do not fold open.

Bump! Does anyone know how I can figure out what sound system I have in my 98 explorer sport? I know there are a bunch of different adapters. My explorer has the 6 disc changer in the armrest and thats about all i know about it lol.

Back