• Register Today It's free!

2in lift kit on ebay

nice92explorer

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer xlt
i was thinking of buying this kit on ebayfor my 92 x 4x4, it consists of 2 in ciol spacers and add a leafs for about 100 bucks. I told my friend about and he said not to buy because it would throw off the geometry of the suspension. Is that true? Also are their any drawbacks like noise, or ride , stuff like that when the kit is installed. If it does throw off your geometry should i just wait and get a 2.5 lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can buy coil spacers and shackles (or add-a-leafs if you want) any time for around 100-150 bucks. I don't know about throwing off the geometry of the suspension, but there are a lot of people here on the site running the same thing and there aren't many problems. You'll have to get an alignment done after you put them on, but that should be about it. The ride might get a little stiffer, but I wouldn't imagine it being much worse than stock.

If you search for coil spacers, shackles, or add a leafs, you'll find tons of information.

shackles are supposed to give you a better ride then add a leafs

LIft kit

Does any compnay make a lift kit for a 96 x sport????

Re: LIft kit

Originally posted by 95X
Does any compnay make a lift kit for a 96 x sport????

YES

there is a 4" ( i believe) suspension lift kit

it retails for botu 1500 i think
il find out real quik

PEACE

I bought that same kit on ebay, its been on my x for about a year, it rides a little rougher in the ass end but i like it. Easy to install, and cheap. just got to get a camber/caster and alighnment job done. i personally wish i would have just got bigger springs and shackles though because my old springs have never fit right since and are old and tired.

Back