2nd Gen 3rd Row?

97Sandbox

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seward, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I've heard that some export Explorers came with a third row seating option, but this 95 limited just threw me for a loop:
markup_3053.png

Anybody seen this in the US before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

afaik i dont remember the factory 3rd row looking like that, almost looks like excursion to me. probably wrong though, my memory is about as good as lordstown is at making vehicles. wouldnt mind sitting right next to the sub though 🤣 this was the factory one afaik, wonder if that was like the EE kit or one of those, afaik some used to make add ons for these
1654563475326.png

afaik i dont remember the factory 3rd row looking like that, almost looks like excursion to me. probably wrong though, my memory is about as good as lordstown is at making vehicles. wouldnt mind sitting right next to the sub though 🤣 this was the factory one afaik, wonder if that was like the EE kit or one of those, afaik some used to make add ons for these
Wow those seats look even stranger than the ones in the '95 limited!

I've certainly never seen one of these in-person, but I've read about a lot of rare options -- especially in limiteds -- that I've never actually seen. Plus the '95s seem to be full of anomalies so who knows.

Maybe it was some kind of dealer add-on. It definitely looks odd and although the leather/vinyl color is about right, I'm noticing now that there isn't the contrasting color piping that limited seats and armrests normally have. That seat belt looks odd to me too.

View attachment 430190
This seat was added by Ford as a Factory option only for the Australian market.

This is the only third row seating I have ever ran across. Seatbelts might have been GM. Material was vinyl.

1654659617595.png

Back