2nd gen 5.0 exhaust port to steering shaft question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen 5.0 exhaust port to steering shaft question

Hello, I am in the process of trying to design some log style turbo manifolds for our trucks with an engineering major friend of mine. I was wondering if anyone has ever measured the space from the exhaust port to the steering shaft/how much clearance there is to put a common tube/log there.

I have a feeling once I actually dig into this there will probably have to be some sort of loop going above the shaft or something of that nature, but if anyone has ever been down in there, Id love some insight.

Thanks!

You should contact Robert at Torque Monster Headers... or heck buy a set and see what he did to make it work

Headers on a Gen II Explorer....well lets just say there are not alot of options for long tubes, or equal length runners, etc.... its a friggin mess in there!!!

Thanks for the tip, ill send a PM, but the style of manifold I am going for is not like the header design. it is a log design, which I chose for cost purposes if/when I decide to market this to the explorer community. Alot less welds, alot stronger design, more reliability.

Back