• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2nd Gen Brake line conversion Question

Harry5150

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Dodge Durango Limited
Does anyone foresee any problems with changing the hard brake line on a rear axle to all stainless steel?

Since there are no extended brake line kits, I was think of just having everything made into stainless steel lines.

Also is this just a distribution block (splitter) or a proportioning valve/block?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Howard

Moderator Elite Explorer
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Milton Keynes
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 SOHC UK SPEC
I don't see any problems changing the flexible hoses for stainless steel. In fact you may even get a better brake pedal as they don't expand like the rubber ones do. I would make sure that you change all the rubber ones though to prevent uneven effects. As far as I can tell that block is just a splitter for the rear brakes.

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Originally posted by Harry5150
Does anyone foresee any problems with changing the hard brake line on a rear axle to all steel?

That's what I did to mine, been using it like that for several years now without any problems.

Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
Harry,

Let me know if you are going to proceed with this. I've been battling this problem for a while. If you plan on getting something built, let me know how much and have them make an extra set for me. If not, I'm just going to add a extension to the stock hose, but would feel safer if I have the extended line with new t fittings and such.

The sooner the better. =)