2nd Gen Brake line conversion Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen Brake line conversion Question

Harry5150

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Dodge Durango Limited
Does anyone foresee any problems with changing the hard brake line on a rear axle to all stainless steel?

Since there are no extended brake line kits, I was think of just having everything made into stainless steel lines.

Also is this just a distribution block (splitter) or a proportioning valve/block?

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see any problems changing the flexible hoses for stainless steel. In fact you may even get a better brake pedal as they don't expand like the rubber ones do. I would make sure that you change all the rubber ones though to prevent uneven effects. As far as I can tell that block is just a splitter for the rear brakes.

Originally posted by Harry5150
Does anyone foresee any problems with changing the hard brake line on a rear axle to all steel?

That's what I did to mine, been using it like that for several years now without any problems.

Harry,

Let me know if you are going to proceed with this. I've been battling this problem for a while. If you plan on getting something built, let me know how much and have them make an extra set for me. If not, I'm just going to add a extension to the stock hose, but would feel safer if I have the extended line with new t fittings and such.

The sooner the better. =)

Back