2nd Gen clear headlight lenses (not the housings), anyone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen clear headlight lenses (not the housings), anyone?

I just purchased a Dead Link Removed from TheRetrofitSource and am currently trying to track down a set of Crystal headlight lenses.

Here are the aforementioned lenses; Dead Link Removed

I used to see auctions on Ebay JUST for the lenses at around $30 a pair, used to see them for the last 2 years I've been contemplating and planning my projector retrofit, BUT, of course when I actually go through with it, THEY'RE GONE. :mad: (or at least I haven't been able to find them for the past few months)

My question is, does anyone know of a source where I can buy just the lenses? If they're even still available? If not, does anyone have a pair of 2nd gen crystal headlights they'd like to sell to me just for the lenses? It's fine if the tabs and everything are broke, I just need a cheap set. ;):D

I've never seen anybody, anywhere, sell just the lens to a headlight housing. Technically they aren't supposed to come apart, so theirs no reason for an aftermarket vendor to just sell you a lens. Plus, putting a clear headlight lens on a stock explorer reflector would equal no headlight optics at all.....

Your only choice is to buy new housings and either use them or use the lenses from them.

I've never seen anybody, anywhere, sell just the lens to a headlight housing. Technically they aren't supposed to come apart, so theirs no reason for an aftermarket vendor to just sell you a lens. Plus, putting a clear headlight lens on a stock explorer reflector would equal no headlight optics at all.....

Your only choice is to buy new housings and either use them or use the lenses from them.

See

I just purchased a Dead Link Removed from TheRetrofitSource...

Therefor, I need a clear lens for the projector to properly project its light through. I will not be using any part of the stock housing's reflector.

Also, an aftermarket vendor was selling them as replacements to their own aftermarket "diamond cut" housing. I don't know who it was but perhaps someone here does.

Also, an aftermarket vendor was selling them as replacements to their own aftermarket "diamond cut" housing. I don't know who it was but perhaps someone here does.

Which is why I'm saying, I've been here since 2004 and never heard of anyone ever doing this. Not only with explorers, but with any car, because it doesn't make sense.

Back