Sold - 2nd Gen Explorer upgrade parts, some NEW (pt 1) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold 2nd Gen Explorer upgrade parts, some NEW (pt 1)

Sold
Thanks all. Everything has found a new home.

As I noted in the vehicles for sale section, I've had to give up on my long-time dream to convert my brother's 2001 Explorer Sport into a DD / trail and overlanding rig. I explain more of why in that thread, and you can find lots of background on the project in this thread or by checking out anything I used to post back in the day.

The upside for anyone looking for some parts and upgrades is that I have some good stuff I really need to clear out before I move, including some stuff that's never been out of the box. Here's Part 1 of the list (Part 2 is here), with some links to more info where I could dig them up.

$100 -- ARB Ford 8.8 differential cover, black, with LubeLocker reusable gasket (both new)

Diff cover 1.jpeg

Diff cover 2.jpeg

ARB cover at Quadratec; ARB Differential Cover for Ford 8.8 Axle Assemblies
LubeLocker at Quadratec; Lubelocker LLR-F880 "Reusable" Differential Gasket for Ford 8.8 Axles

$100 -- Pacer Performance Flexy Flares 52-206 (New)

FlexyFlares.jpeg

On Amazon; Amazon.com: Pacer Performance 52-206 Flexy Flares Black 3-1/4" x 72" Full Coverage Heavy Duty Rubber Fender Extension Kit - 4 Piece: Automotive

$250 -- IBS Dual Battery System (New)

Dual battery system.jpeg

At Sierra Expeditions; Sierra Expeditions or Exploration Outfitters IBS Dual Battery Management System - By Extreme Outback

$40 -- ARB Differential Breather kit

I mounted the base to the fender and attached the front hose, then removed it without ever leaving the garage. Not calling it new so there's no misunderstandings, but this has never seen a minute of road use.
ARB breather kit.jpeg

On Amazon; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QBQYNF0/?tag=serious-20

$30 -- Glow Shift Tinted 7 oil temp gauge (New)

GlowShift guage.jpeg

On Amazon: Robot Check

$10 -- Glow Shift Dual Pillar Gauge Pod (New)

A-pillar gauge kit.jpeg

On Amazon: Amazon.com: GlowShift Black Dual Pillar Gauge Pod for 1993-2002 Ford Ranger - ABS Plastic - Mounts (2) 2-1/16" (52mm) Gauges to Truck's A-Pillar: Automotive

$50 -- Warrior 153 heavy duty extended shackles

These things were great, and are still rock solid, but the finish just did not old up to the salt and snow around here. I would routinely strip and repaint them each spring.
Warrior shackles.jpg

Warrior shackles 2.jpeg

On Amazon; Amazon.com: WARRIOR 153 Rear Gray Heavy Duty Shackle: Automotive

$100 -- RCI front skid plate

These things are legend here, and the deserve to be. The weather got the best of the powder coating, but nothing ever even scratched this beast.
Front skid plate.jpeg

RCI front skid.jpeg

From RCI; 98-11 Ranger Front Skid Plate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im interested in the ARB cover and Lubelocker combo. Could you PM me the shipped price to zip 87110?
Greetings Brian, will do. I'm new to the shipping out end of this, but I'll find out how to find out and hit you up.

Im interested in the ARB cover and Lubelocker combo. Could you PM me the shipped price to zip 87110?
Site was down for a bit, and so was I. Came back and cut the prices. Let me know if you're still interested.

Site was down for a bit, and so was I. Came back and cut the prices. Let me know if you're still interested.

Yes, I still want the cover and lubelocker gasket. Maybe it will fit in a medium flat rate box from the post office? (the thinner rectangular one) I'll send you a message.

I am interested in the arb breather and the VDF crossmember support (pt 2). PM sent. Thank you!

Back