2nd Gen Front Skid Plate, TurboExplorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen Front Skid Plate, TurboExplorer

Sold the skid plate to a fellow forum member! I had to get rid of it to make room for the steering box that will go where the skid plate was. I am starting a solid axle swap and it would have been in the way of the front cross-member on that project to. Was sad to see it go was used well and glad it went to a forum member.

All ready to ship out to its new home! :)
100_2352.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to see someone will use it. My radiator owes its life to my skid plate. Everyone needs one of these things.

Man that looks so sick!!!! Nice work.

Wait so.... what about airflow to the steering fluid cooler?

I still got the wash from the air coming through the oval hole in the bumper. But never was an issue for me. Its a very cheesy cooler at best anyways but I never had an issue. I am however going to try and reuse it on my SAS steering gear set up as well.

WoW just read thru the 3 pages. Really Nice Work and Design!! You ever make any more of these. Have always wanted to install one but I have stock foglights in the plastic valence.

RCI (?) makes skid plates. I have one, I know Keeper and 2timingtom bought new designed one with cnc cuts and such. Solid quality plate. I think he may have become a vendor or joined here, not sure... if not he is on the ranger forums, that is where I bought mine a year or so ago.

Here is 2timingtom's: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368858

My pics are in my registry somewhere but its the old solid design without the holes/logo.

WoW just read thru the 3 pages. Really Nice Work and Design!! You ever make any more of these. Have always wanted to install one but I have stock foglights in the plastic valence.

I removed my plastic valence and fog lights for a little better approach angle. Then the plate was a perfect fit. It did reall really well for me.

RCI (?) makes skid plates. I have one, I know Keeper and 2timingtom bought new designed one with cnc cuts and such. Solid quality plate. I think he may have become a vendor or joined here, not sure... if not he is on the ranger forums, that is where I bought mine a year or so ago.

Here is 2timingtom's: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368858

Yep. It's got a scrape on it too from my last outting.

Just whoring out my truck (better lighting in this pic):
CDCA-45A8-83ED-E0A235987DBA-14326-0000099522453AEF.jpg

Just one scrape?!?! Just messin. I managed to bend mine into the cross member and it has more scraped areas than non scraped areas. It can take a beating. I landed on the skid plate 1/2 times when I was flying through this mudded rut at the mud bog. I could hear it slamming the ground.

Its a quality piece. Anyone who goes off road needs a front skid plate

WoW I really like the new design RCI has. Will check into it. I really dont want to lose my foglights, havent found a good alternative yet. That is one nice front end 2Timing! Thanks for the info guys.

WoW I really like the new design RCI has. Will check into it. I really dont want to lose my foglights, havent found a good alternative yet. That is one nice front end 2Timing! Thanks for the info guys.

Are you talking stock fog lights or aftermarket ones under your bumper? That plate won't affect the stock ones.

Back