• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen lift opinions wanted

hatched91

Reaction score
City, State
godfrey, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 sport ohv 5spd
hello everyone, i have a 1997 explorer sport. i currently have a 3" body lift, torsion tweak, warrior shackels, AAL, and 31x11.50x15 kuhmo m/t's. I was wondering if i went back to stock shackels, and bought a $650 3" procomp lift if it would be worth the money, even though it would sit almost the same height. it rides pretty good now, but if i can get an even better ride with longer leafs and normally torqued torsion bars if it would be worth the money. i would go 33's(since i have the ohv with 4.10's) but the 4" lift is $1750 i believe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're 4wd the Pro Comp lift won't work. They're spindles.

oh, i did not know that. so what company makes a lift for my truck? any around $1000 that you know of?

RCD is 2300 maby...it is a 5.5" lift tho.

With the lift you have you should be able to fit 33's now. I ran pretty much the same as you and had 33's. and still room to go.

yeah, i dont' think i'll have a problem with 33's, my issue is i have plenty of power, good gas milage and a great solid ride with no sway bars, i don't want to have to give that up for 33's.

Back