How to: - 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I'm new anyone know how to fix rear A/C in 1996 Ford Explorer V8 AWD?

You probably should've started a new thread for this.

What's wrong with the rear A/C? Is the blower not working? Or does it only work on high?

If the blower does not come on at all, check the Rear Blower Motor Relay.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You probably should've started a new thread for this.

What's wrong with the rear A/C? Is the blower not working? Or does it only work on high?

If the blower does not come on at all, check the Rear Blower Motor Relay.

Ditto, that is a very low amperage circuit, about 7 amps.

No the rear A/C comes on it just vibrates real hard when you turn it on and no air comes out. Once I flip the fan speed switch up to turn the fan on it starts to vibrate the center console HARD.

Oh and I didn't know what a thread was never wrote on a Blog? before. Sorry.

No the rear A/C comes on it just vibrates real hard when you turn it on and no air comes out. Once I flip the fan speed switch up to turn the fan on it starts to vibrate the center console HARD.

You need a new console blower I would bet-
I may have one in the garage-lemme chack

I live in Arizona so my kids are melting with no rear A\C!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Arizona so my kids are melting with no rear A\C!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you what let's do-
you buy an elite membership for 20.00 , and send me 15.00 for shipping this.

You'll be a supporting member of the site, and have cool kids for a mere 35.00 total. Now, how good a deal is that?

pm me for paypal addy, and to provide your ship address please.

This is a bit dusty, but it also includes the duct, and speed controller. Should be easy to swap out once you get the console apart-

Attachments

• rear blower.jpg
    rear blower.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3,249

payment sent

I joined and sent you the $15 for shipping. Thanks in advance! How long to ship you think?

Which do you prefer
DHL or mail-
I think DHL will get to you quicker. It will go out in the morning.

For DHL it is good to have your phone number-send it to me in a private message--

so mine just started doing this today. with it being 99 degrees out, it sucks. is there any easy to diagnose which is leaking? I just put on my 33's so i suppose a tire could have hit my schwetty ball thing? (yes, i know that was a joke ;) ) ah im not particularly looking forward to tearing the truck back apart, with it being so hot out and me not having a cool place to work on it. so the idea is to just find all those connections you listed and make sure they're all good still? thanks for your help everyone!!

then again if my schwetty ball had been impacted wouldnt i more than likely only have defrosting a/c at idle??

help with my schwetty balls!! its hot down here in GA!!

No air con from vents

:cool: thanks for the info, finally found the problem. Both vacum hoses engine side of firewall under aircon unit were worn through. {grey and black hoses}. Thanks Hector Bisbane Queensland Australia.

No air con from vents

:cool: thanks for the info, finally found the problem. Both vacum hoses engine side of firewall under aircon unit were worn through. {grey and black hoses}. Thanks Hector Bisbane Queensland Australia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon, thanks for the write up as I have been trying to figure out why I was having climate control issues.
For those who have 95-96 EXs the vacuum globe provides vacuum for the front axle disconnects. So if you swap front axles or do a SAS you may have this problem ( like I did)

Tim

Back