• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen snow tires

Ryle

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT 4x4
well after some degenerate runs into me and totals my first 3rd gen ex 2 months after I got it, I finally got me a new one. being this will be my first winter in somewhat of a colder climate (KY), i'm just a little panicky about the snow ice and salt. being from south Carolina i'm just not exposed to it. but anyway.

I got to tinkering around with rims and tires. I looked around in the basement for an old set from my 2nd gen sport. I found these three spoke ugly chrome things stuck under a decade of golf clubs and duck decoys. I decided to prep and paint them with flat black wheelpaint for kicks. I put them on the other afternoon and they don't look half bad. I think im gonna end up running them for the winter. they had 255/70s on them, small in diameter, but the width with the 2nd gen off set doesn't look half bad on the stock height. granted it wont stay stock for long, its just a little food for thought to anyone with a set of 2nd gen wheels laying around or easily accessible!

IMG_29101_zps1f55f329.png

IMG_28981_zps131f738e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya, not too shabby really. care to post a pic from the front?

A430-E54044A50643-103-000000008C7317E0_zps6761b139.jpg

He it is from the front. Sorry for the shadows I couldn't really see. Ill try to get another one up after work

A430-E54044A50643-103-000000008C7317E0_zps6761b139.jpg

He it is from the front. Sorry for the shadows I couldn't really see. Ill try to get another one up after work

Why do the rear wheels seem to look like they stick out more than the front?

I felt the same with stock as well. I think it's just the specs of the vehicle

Back