2nd Generation ST Front/Rear Speaker Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Generation ST Front/Rear Speaker Upgrade

ZcSpec

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello fellow ST-ers. I spent the weekend upgrading my 08' ST to front components and rear coaxial speakers. What a difference a few hours make. Thanks in advance to some info I found on our forum and the net. This help me put together a DIY. Perhaps this could be flagged as a sticky?

Front Speaker Install

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27064922/Images/MySportTrac/Front_Speaker_Install.pdf

Rear Speaker Install

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27064922/Images/MySportTrac/Rear_Speaker_Install.pdf

Stay tuned...the next stage is installing my navi/dvd unit and adding a 5-channel amp to drive all the speakers and a single 10" sub.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice write up with pics!

What size your your fronts? 5.25, 6 or 6.5? Also, do you know the depth of your speaker or can you say what model they are and I can look it up?

So I went to a shop to have some JL 6.5" speakers installed and they said they would have to cut metal to fit. Some companies measure the cone and some measure the frame. Instead of going with the 6" I went with JL C3 5x7s up front and JL TR 5x7s in the rear. Powered by JL XJ 360x4 amp. The sub will be installed next month and I'll post some photos.

So I went to a shop to have some JL 6.5" speakers installed and they said they would have to cut metal to fit. Some companies measure the cone and some measure the frame. Instead of going with the 6" I went with JL C3 5x7s up front and JL TR 5x7s in the rear. Powered by JL XJ 360x4 amp. The sub will be installed next month and I'll post some photos.

Sorry DSM if I didnt provide you enough info to help you make the right choice. Bottom line is if the new setup is "music" to your ears, then that's all that matter.

Look forward to seeing photos of the sub when you install it next. My DD navi unit, amp, and sub go in shortly.:thumbsup:

Back