• Register Today It's free!

2nd row bucket seat won’t fold

JeremyinTX

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
I have a 2017 platinum explorer with the bucket seat option in the 2nd row. This vehicle has a power folding option with a single button on the door frame towards the third row. So today I have found that on one of the seats only, when I press the button to power fold the seat forward it makes the noise like it unlatches, but won’t complete the movement. Like the base of the seat won’t lift itself and go forward at all. Any ideas or recommendations what to look at?

Welcome to the Forum Jeremy. :wave:
I had the same feature on my previous 2017 Platinum. It is a fold and tumble bucket seat. From what I gather, yours folds but won't 'tumble'. Are you sure that it has completely unlatched from the floor anchor? If it has and you can manually tumble it forward, perhaps the piston or whatever it is called, isn't working.

Peter

seat latch.JPG

Welcome to the Forum Jeremy. :wave:
I had the same feature on my previous 2017 Platinum. It is a fold and tumble bucket seat. From what I gather, yours folds but won't 'tumble'. Are you sure that it has completely unlatched from the floor anchor? If it has and you can manually tumble it forward, perhaps the piston or whatever it is called, isn't working.

Peter

View attachment 342297
Thanks. I will look into that part. Yes it definitely unlatches, but won’t tumble. When I pull on the seat it tumbles so I know it unlatches.

Thanks. I will look into that part. Yes it definitely unlatches, but won’t tumble. When I pull on the seat it tumbles so I know it unlatches.
I got the part, however it’s not secured by a bolt or anything. Does it just pull off?

Back