2nd row bucket seats and power front seats? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row bucket seats and power front seats?

cso

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and considering buying the new Explorer. I had a 1995 Explorer that I loved but traded it in for a family minivan (Honda Odyssey), which has very comfortable 2nd row bucket seats with easy access to the third row from between the bucket seats. Can the 2011 Explorer 2nd row seats be configured this way; only two buckets and removal of the center console to provide access to the third row from between the two seats? I'm pretty sure the Toyota Highlander has this option which I am also looking at.

Also, does the XLT model have power seats in the front, or do I have to get the limited model? The Ford web site is not so great in giving all the specifics about the different packages, or else I can't find it easily! Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you can get that setup in the Limited trim only. In the Build Your Own application, you can choose 2nd row bucket seats and then there's another option for "console delete" to get the walk-through.

Only the driver/passenger seats have heated (XLT with 202A Comfort Package, standard on Limited) and cooled (Limited trim only, standard). All other rows don't have these options on any trim level.

The XLT gets the leather/power/heated driver/passenger's seats only with the 202A Comfort Package (includes MyFord touch).

Play with the build your own and you'll eventually figure out the combos.

Actual images:

65468_1503570391624_1305157735_31062800_2696471_n.jpg

166307_1503574191719_1305157735_31062806_5209438_n.jpg

Hi, Can the 2011 Explorer 2nd row seats be configured this way; only two buckets and removal of the center console to provide access to the third row from between the two seats? I'm pretty sure the Toyota Highlander has this option which I am also looking at.
I have the '09 Highlander Limited and it has what they call a 'Center Stow'. It is basically a very narrow middle seat, only about 8" wide, that can be removed, in part and replaced with a tray stored in center console between the front seats. If you chose not to use the tray in place of the seat, it still looks like the lower support will still be in place. You will have access to the third row seats but it is not just a clear, easy, walk through. I'm not sure if the lower support part can be unbolted or not.:scratch:

Only the driver/passenger seats have heated (XLT with 202A Comfort Package, standard on Limited) and cooled (Limited trim only, standard). All other rows don't have these options on any trim level.

I am pretty sure the cooled seats are not standard, they only come with one of the upgrade packages that give you push fold 3rd row seats.

I am pretty sure the cooled seats are not standard, they only come with one of the upgrade packages that give you push fold 3rd row seats.

Ah yes, you are correct. The Limited requires the 301A Luxury Seating package for heated AND cooled seats.

Thanks everyone for your reply's. The pictures were very helpful too; the seats look comfortable. It is unfortunate that all the features I want are in the most expensive model!

Thanks everyone for your reply's. The pictures were very helpful too; the seats look comfortable. It is unfortunate that all the features I want are in the most expensive model!

I know the feeling. Thankfully the 202A package on the XLT had most of what I wanted. I really wanted push button start, remote start and power-fold mirrors but those are only on the Limited and I don't want to spend 2500 more just for that.

Only differences between an XLT 202A and a base Limited model is:
ambient lighting (meh)
body color grill and mirrors (indifferent, could care less)
power fold mirrors (yes please, more room in garage)
push button start (once you have this, you love it)
remote start (yes please)
20" painted aluminum rims (meh, standard 20" rims, if they were chrome it'd be a different story)
wood paneling interior trim (personally I hate this)

"All" of that for a mere $2,500. Maybe if it was 1,500 I'd consider it.

I wish they would have let us add the push start and proximity unlocking thing. Would be great for outdoor activities, I would never need to dig out my keys:)

BTW, when opting for the 2nd row bucket-seats, they have a power-fold feature as well - in addition to the 3rd row.

edge929 - Are those pictures of your own Ford Explorer? We're trying to find a picture of what the floor space looks like between the bucket seats when you don't get the console. Does anyone have pictures of this?

If you g

I know the feeling. Thankfully the 202A package on the XLT had most of what I wanted. I really wanted push button start, remote start and power-fold mirrors but those are only on the Limited and I don't want to spend 2500 more just for that.

Only differences between an XLT 202A and a base Limited model is:
ambient lighting (meh)
body color grill and mirrors (indifferent, could care less)
power fold mirrors (yes please, more room in garage)
push button start (once you have this, you love it)
remote start (yes please)
20" painted aluminum rims (meh, standard 20" rims, if they were chrome it'd be a different story)
wood paneling interior trim (personally I hate this)

"All" of that for a mere $2,500. Maybe if it was 1,500 I'd consider it.

Same here! I ordered 202A and really wanted the few limited options you mentioned. I can't believe I can't get remote start...aftermarket time. Cooled seats would have been nice, I don't care if they power fold.

Stacey Arnold posted one on Facebook the floor is not flat there is a little bump. You can search for her post on Facebook.

edge929 - Are those pictures of your own Ford Explorer? We're trying to find a picture of what the floor space looks like between the bucket seats when you don't get the console. Does anyone have pictures of this?

No the pictures are from my "library" I've been keeping. Every so often I'll think of a new question and look through them to answer it. Mishtar is right, look through the facebook photos and you'll see a good picture down the middle, there is a little hump there. We are told you can add the console later on but it's not as straight forward as bolting it to that small hump.

Thanks everyone! I'm off to search Facebook in search of that picture!

Found it:

166439_10150142676681057_513811056_7939503_359145_n.jpg

For having to pay EXTRA to remove the console, you'd think they would make this entirely flat.

Yeah, you would think. Oh well, I kind of like the option of adding the console later, when my kids are out of car seats.

The downfall of no center console is no inside armrests.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Automatic bucket seats

If u get bucket seats and console the seats will flip and fold by ther self u just hit a button as u get in and walk to third row both sides do that now if u get a bench it's manual

Back