2nd row console | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row console

I can tell you in a few weeks. I ordered one for $513 shipped for my wife's '16 Sport. It had everything she wanted except for the console, which she said she could live without. Big mistake. 2 weeks went by and she wanted the console. The place I ordered from called and said the console hasn't been released to dealers yet, but should be any day now. He said expect a 1-2 week wait. I'm guessing I just pop the plastic trim and attach it there somehow. Hopefully it comes with instructions. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can tell you in a few weeks. I ordered one for $513 shipped for my wife's '16 Sport. It had everything she wanted except for the console, which she said she could live without. Big mistake. 2 weeks went by and she wanted the console. The place I ordered from called and said the console hasn't been released to dealers yet, but should be any day now. He said expect a 1-2 week wait. I'm guessing I just pop the plastic trim and attach it there somehow. Hopefully it comes with instructions. :)

Good luck! If you remember, post on how the install went. Thanks

Installation is simple, but you do have to drill a couple of holes in the floor. There is a PDF of the instructions floating around, I'll see if I can find it. The instructions specify to cut out 2 small sections of carpet, but that's not really necessary.

By the way, the 2016 Sport console can be had for $439.70 here. It was a $125 factory option on my 2015 Sport :)

Installation is simple, but you do have to drill a couple of holes in the floor. There is a PDF of the instructions floating around, I'll see if I can find it. The instructions specify to cut out 2 small sections of carpet, but that's not really necessary.

By the way, the 2016 Sport console can be had for $439.70 here. It was a $125 factory option on my 2015 Sport :)

Thanks for the link and the info on the installation! Even after the high shipping fee of $60+, it came to around $12 cheaper than what I paid. I'm hoping the instructions come with the part, but if you find it, that would be great. Thanks again!

I have the PDF, but I don't know how to post it here. I haven't found a link. If you PM me your email address, I can email it to you.

EDIT: Found a link for the instructions.

Hawkeye - thanks so much for your help! Awesome info

Seems simple enough. Thanks for posting the link!!

2016 2nd Row Console

We are trying to decide on ordering our 2016 Limited with the 2nd row console or just having the bucket seats. From reading some posting it looks like you can add it later. Can you remove it if it is ordered from the factory installed and if so is their carpet underneath? We are thinking about having a 3rd kido and like the idea of having that area open to walk through to the 3rd row, but also like the way it looks with the console installed.

I would like to have it installed right now and then if 3rd kido enters the family be able to remove it, but not sure if this is feasible. The better option might be to order it without and then order console separate and install it later. The 3rd kido is still being discussed, but the car needs to be ordered now. If anyone experienced anything with removing an already installed one let me know. Thanks.

We are trying to decide on ordering our 2016 Limited with the 2nd row console or just having the bucket seats. From reading some posting it looks like you can add it later. Can you remove it if it is ordered from the factory installed and if so is their carpet underneath? We are thinking about having a 3rd kido and like the idea of having that area open to walk through to the 3rd row, but also like the way it looks with the console installed.

I would like to have it installed right now and then if 3rd kido enters the family be able to remove it, but not sure if this is feasible. The better option might be to order it without and then order console separate and install it later. The 3rd kido is still being discussed, but the car needs to be ordered now. If anyone experienced anything with removing an already installed one let me know. Thanks.
Using the Forum's 'Search' program I found this thread and merged yours with it.

Peter

My understanding is that the bolt locations have the carpet cut out from the factory. The install notes tell you to cut the carpet as well, but I just pushed the bolts through without cutting and I would imagine it will look fine if I ever remove. Mine did NOT come with the console originally so I am not speaking from experience. Someone else may know for sure...

My understanding is that the bolt locations have the carpet cut out from the factory. The install notes tell you to cut the carpet as well, but I just pushed the bolts through without cutting and I would imagine it will look fine if I ever remove. Mine did NOT come with the console originally so I am not speaking from experience. Someone else may know for sure...

My recollection is that if you don't order it you get a plastic cover plate that sits over the carpet cutout and mounting location. Somebody who has added the console should be able to confirm. I always order it for $150 then if you want to remove later it's just a few bolts as opposed to the much higher Ford Accessory price later.

it shows them on fords website for $357

It shows a total of 3 or 4 options. only one shows specific to the 2016. that is the part mentioned in this thread. the other color combos show 2011-2015. we just bought a 2016 Platinum and are picking it Friday. I just realized it doesnt have a console. We REALLY want one.

So my questions would be........

Does the part number GB5Z-78045A36-AB actually have the redline accents on it or is it just black like all of the others i have seen. if so, it rules that out.

Does part number DB5Z-78045A36-AD fit the 2016? is the difference model numbers color only? It is charcoal black and i am assuming would be the correct color choice for the platinum.

any help would be greatly appreciated. im trying to get my dealer to throw one in.

I have this arriving today from http://www.quirkparts.com/ and from what I read online and their VIN verification should fit my 16. I will advise after install today. The instructions aren't showing any drilling, I bet self taping screws but I will know soon.

Clipboard01-M.jpg

DB5Z-78045A36-AD
2011-2015 Ford Explorer Center Console 2nd Second Row Charcoal Black OEM NEW

PAID:
DB5Z-78045A36-AD
2011-2015 Ford Explorer Center Console 2nd Second Row Charcoal Black OEM NEW $300.00
(Not Taxable) 1 $300.00
Shipping (FedEx Ground U.S. Shipping - FedEx Ground Home Delivery): $19.91
Total: $319.91

it shows them on fords website for $357

It shows a total of 3 or 4 options. only one shows specific to the 2016. that is the part mentioned in this thread. the other color combos show 2011-2015. we just bought a 2016 Platinum and are picking it Friday. I just realized it doesnt have a console. We REALLY want one.

So my questions would be........

Does the part number GB5Z-78045A36-AB actually have the redline accents on it or is it just black like all of the others i have seen. if so, it rules that out

I was told the previous consoles wouldn't work, so I went with what you listed above. It was black with the red stitching and matched up 100% to our interior. It was extremely easy to install. In fact, I only mounted it to the base in the floorboard. It came with self tapping screws, but I didn't use them. No issues of it being loose whatsoever.

CW, cant wait to hear your experience.

CY thanks for the info. I guess I will wait to hear what CW experiences. I personally think they are all the same. I think the part you ordered is only new for the red stitching. I am basing this on the fact that nothing on the interior that would affect the console has changed.

CW, cant wait to hear your experience.

CY thanks for the info. I guess I will wait to hear what CW experiences. I personally think they are all the same. I think the part you ordered is only new for the red stitching. I am basing this on the fact that nothing on the interior that would affect the console has changed.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. The red stitching must be comprised of some rare/pricey materials. lol

FYi- the 2nd row console in the platinum does indeed have leather covered lid with white stitching. I can take a picture if that helps.

Wish it had cooling capabilities like in the flex

I have the 2016 Platinum with the medium soft cream interior. Is there not a console specific to it? The only one I saw was the one for the Sport that had the red stitching. I'd need white stitching.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back