2nd row seat buckle...broken 3rd time | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row seat buckle...broken 3rd time

frankiepots

Reaction score
City, State
NEW YORK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 WHITE EXPLORER SPORT
is anyone else experiencing this issue where the second row seat buckle flap is breaking off... this is the 3rd time this has happened It only has 3000 miles... I bought this SUV for its safety features and now second guessing...
Any input would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is anyone else experiencing this issue where the second row seat buckle flap is breaking off... this is the 3rd time this has happened It only has 3000 miles... I bought this SUV for its safety features and now second guessing...
There is an existing thread on problems with the seat belt latch. You can always do a 'search' first to see if there is already thread on a similar topic.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364119&highlight=seat+belt

Peter

Do you have the inflatable 2ND row seatbelts?

I ask because the buckle system is different.

There was a problem with the Intercepter Sedan buckle receivers breaking apart so the part was redesigned and is significantly more robust now in the 14MY. Parts are available for the 13 MY retrofit.

Broken 2nd row belt receptacle / buckle - fix / replace?

I have a 2012 Ford explorer with a 2nd row bench seat. The seat belts are the inflatable ones.

The seat belt receptacle / buckle on the drivers side, 2nd row bench, broke apart -- basically the outer shell casing came apart, it seems like I should be able to put it back together but it won't stay. Any advice on what to do? Glue it, get new one, etc?

Thank you :)

I have a 2012 Ford explorer with a 2nd row bench seat. The seat belts are the inflatable ones.

The seat belt receptacle / buckle on the drivers side, 2nd row bench, broke apart -- basically the outer shell casing came apart, it seems like I should be able to put it back together but it won't stay. Any advice on what to do? Glue it, get new one, etc?

Thank you :)
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I merged your thread with this existing one. It seems that there haven't been may replies as to how to fix this problem. It likely means a trip to the dealer.
Also, it might help in future posts if you add the model of your EX to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks and good luck.

Peter

Question for any techs out there, how do you remove the pin that holds the lap belt to the buckle on the inflatable second row seat belts? I ask because the I am wanting to replace the top covers for the buckles and would like to replace the bottom covers as well, but the lap belt feeds through an opening in the bottom cover. There is a pin that is removable but I don't know how you actually remove it.

Well I figure out how to remove the lap belt from the buckle. After snapping off the bottom cover, take a small flat head to the side of the pin with the biggest flange. get the flat head just under that flange and pry it up. The pin should pull right out. The belt itself is wrapped around a sleeve that the pin fits through.

Back