• Register Today It's free!

2nd row seat console

Deere2022

Reaction score
City, State
Saunemin, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 explorer limited
Have any of you installed the second row floor console on a 2022? Our 2020 had it and our kids used it all the time. I see I can still get it from ford. Figure the mounts are still under the carpet. Doubt they changed the floor pan. Most likely just didn’t install it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what the explorers get for a second row console, at least in 20 and 21. 22's get nothing.

That's what the explorers get for a second row console, at least in 20 and 21. 22's get nothing.
i thought it was optional on a 22 even. seems like i saw where you could check it. i may be wrong as i opted for a bench.

i thought it was optional on a 22 even. seems like i saw where you could check it. i may be wrong as i opted for a bench.
Doesn't seem it's available at all.

Doesn't seem it's available at all.
i wonder why they cut that out then. i saw one with it but didnt know it was no longer an option. kinda makes the pass through part useless though if its there. to me thats to only advantage to the captains chairs anyway seeing as if you get a bench you get the exact same outer seats just with added armrest vs using the middle seats armrest.

i wonder why they cut that out then. i saw one with it but didnt know it was no longer an option. kinda makes the pass through part useless though if its there. to me thats to only advantage to the captains chairs anyway seeing as if you get a bench you get the exact same outer seats just with added armrest vs using the middle seats armrest.
The new standard lower console that I have in my Aviator makes it fairly easy to access the 3rd row.

Well you got all the parts from ford. Was gonna install it myself but my wife said she would rather have the dealer install it so it anything got broke it’s on them instead of me. So I had it installed today. 3 hours labor and $176 for parts. That little console ended up being just shy of $700 installed. All for something Ford could offer as a stand alone option for a fraction of what I just paid.

C49C3064-4FF4-4989-AC7B-5857E03DC67C.jpeg

As per the 2022 Explorer Order Guide, the 2nd-row floor console was DELETED. The 3 hours of labour then likely included installing non-existant mounting points/hardware.

Peter

As per the 2022 Explorer Order Guide, the 2nd-row floor console was DELETED. The 3 hours of labour then likely included installing non-existant mounting points/hardware.

Peter
All the mounting holes remained. The holes used to mount the console bracket are the holes that are used to mount the center seat if a bench seat is ordered. Two plastic parts and four bolts is all that was needed. Cut a square of carpet out. Bam installed. A ford tech on another forum installed one in his own vehicle in 1.5 hours. But he didn’t remove the front seats or remove the carpet. He only removed the second row seats.

Back