2nd row seat folds but doesn’t go up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row seat folds but doesn’t go up

giomatheu

Reaction score
City, State
orlando flórida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT Explorer
Hi everyone, first time posting here and hope someone can help me.
So, i got a explorer 2014 xlt and both of the back seats folds but then gets stuck to lift them and make more cargo space, it goes up normally to make a seat but i can’t make it lift for more space.
Was trying to upload a video but couldnt find how either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could you make a youtube video or vimeo and copy paste the link? not sure i 100% understand the scenario...

with that having been said- is anything binding? is it manual or pwoer seat? usually going down is easier than pulling up ;)gravity+momentum+people being more efficient pushing down than pulling up

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/2nd-row-bucket-seat-won’t-fold.495063/

this could be a relavent link

Hi everyone, first time posting here and hope someone can help me.
So, i got a explorer 2014 xlt and both of the back seats folds but then gets stuck to lift them and make more cargo space, it goes up normally to make a seat but i can’t make it lift for more space.
Was trying to upload a video but couldnt find how either.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
When you say "lift" are referring to 'tumble', as in fold and tumble?

Peter

seat latch.JPG

Have you checked to see if the latch releases from the anchors when you lift the release handle?

Peter

how are those shock looking things? i dont own a 5th gen, but that seems like a wear item that could prevent some seat motion or a binding joint

Have you checked to see if the latch releases from the anchors when you lift the release handle?

Peter
i tried but it’s impossible the latches

You do have the fold and tumble seats right? It would seem very unlikely that both the driver and passenger seats would have this issue.

1651184390301.png

Peter

how are those shock looking things? i dont own a 5th gen, but that seems like a wear item that could prevent some seat motion or a binding joint
A ltitle late in replying but the OP's issue seems to be that the seats won't unlatch from their anchor points. That 'piston' is for the power fold and tumble seats that I had in mine. All I had to do was press a button and the seats would automatically fold and tumble.

Peter

A ltitle late in replying but the OP's issue seems to be that the seats won't unlatch from their anchor points. That 'piston' is for the power fold and tumble seats that I had in mine. All I had to do was press a button and the seats would automatically fold and tumble.

Peter
whoops, yeah my bad :banghead: something binding? stuck lock pin? not too sure how these work, so ill sit back on this one;)

If these are the same as in my '17, I might have an answer. When we first got it I could not figure out how to get the seats to lift up either. I finally figured out that you have to pull up on the lever beside the seat rather hard to get it to release. I was pulling up, just not hard enough. You can also use the fabric "loop" if you have one but that is a little trickier to do.

Back