• Register Today It's free!

2S Stop Shift Campaign Hold?

danmc

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD
Anyone hear anything about a "2S stop shift campaign hold" (whatever that means) on 2014 Explorers currently being shipped? I was supposed to have mine parked in my driveway by next week and the dealer just called to say the vehicle is in town but on hold waiting for an inspector from the factory. He didn't seem to have much else in the way of details. This could put a crimp in our 2,700 mile Christmas vacation tour we had planned (family won't actually fit in the Honda...)

Thanks
-Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine shipped two days ago and theres no issues so far

Mine shipped two days ago and theres no issues so far

Interesting. I wonder if there is some particular option on mine that is causing them to be on hold. Mine shipped from the factory to Atlanta but now is on hold before they will release to the dealer. XLT 4WD with a handful of extra options.

Did your's actually make it to you or has it just left the factory and is en route?

Best regards,

-Dan

Mine was built the same day as Sgt1411 (Dec 6th), and it just arrived at the dealer tonight.

How do you know what day it was built? I wonder if the hold had to do with a particular option on mine.

Dan, that sounds like BS to me. I have seen holds happen after the build but not after its left the plant. Since there are Ford CS reps here on this site, maybe they can chime in.

Its possible that your dealer sold your vehicle to another customer as well, and will tell you that "your vehicle" had to be returned to Ford. I've sadly heard it all- and been victim to some of their shenanigans as well.

Lots of C7 Corvettes sat on a lot in TN after they left the plant on some sort of quality hold.

Okay. but the C7 is a whole new build, GM is not Ford, and Im not familiar with their shipping system. Im a regional director for Shelby and have tracked and dealt with 100s of GT500 and Raptor orders. Im just saying from a standpoint of not hearing any qc issues on a 2014 currently, with not much change from the 2013, it just sounds kind of odd. Flagging a build after shipping to the dealer sounds rather severe, and would be affecting more than one explorer.

If you got your window sticker with a VIN then one way to tell would be to log on to SYNCMYRIDE and see if some one has already registered the vehicle.

Hi gang,

The best way to get the most up-to-date information on your order is to reach out to your sales rep. Additionally, I'm happy to provide you with updates available on my tracker; just send me a PM with your VIN (or order number/dealer info) when you're ready for news. I also have the ability to see your build date. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Crystal,

What a wonderful addition you are here! Im a member on many different forums, and I sure wish we had your help on them as well!

Curious....do you work with Mike Berardi, or are you in a different area at Ford?

Crystal,

What a wonderful addition you are here! Im a member on many different forums, and I sure wish we had your help on them as well!

Curious....do you work with Mike Berardi, or are you in a different area at Ford?

Thanks, DubbsFaris, I'm happy to be here! I'm not familiar with that name, but I pretty much work with Ford's Social Media team exclusively.

Crystal

No problem!

He is the director of Ford Service. He would be at the same level as Jamie Allison, or Raj Nair, but for the Warranty division. All great guys! Ford is full of great people though at all levels if you just take the time to really meet them.

Update: Vehicle was returned back to the factory due to whatever the quality problem was. Dealer has been unable to obtain more details from Ford.

Back