2wd and 4wd Lifts. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

is it possible to do the 4 inch superlift with a 1.5 tt to do a soa in the rear, ive been browsing this forum for awhile trying to find out as ive pondered the idea and havent seen anyone do it so far.

If you are 4wheel yes.

They sell the front box kit just for the front so that you can replace front broken peices which is a lot cheaper than getting the whole kit. The SOA is the cheap way to lift the back.

Some people probably didn't know you could just buy the front for it or didn't know about the SOA rear.

I will be doing it here in the future and will do a build thread for everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes i am 4 wheel, ive just never heard of anyone doing it i figured it could be done and ive been thinking about doing it my only concern was putting to much load on the torsion bars. any possible ill side effects of putting the four inch lift on and a tt.

yes i am 4 wheel, ive just never heard of anyone doing it i figured it could be done and ive been thinking about doing it my only concern was putting to much load on the torsion bars. any possible ill side effects of putting the four inch lift on and a tt.

Superlift uses drop brackets for the whole front just making everything lower, so in theory it is a 4" lift with stock ride quality. Then you twist it up.

I'm thinking of moving up to those 4" hydro shocks that you posted! Any idea on if tjeyre worth it or are durable enough? I've looked for reviews, but cant find any!

By the way, I have an in-depth torsion twist tut stickied somewhere on this site if youd like to use it!

EDIT:

Will I be able to stick these on my truck without buying the super lift? Also, another dumb question (I'm learning as I go while I'm restoring my truck) I'll need 5 right? The fifth being the stabalizer shock?

I'm thinking of moving up to those 4" hydro shocks that you posted! Any idea on if tjeyre worth it or are durable enough? I've looked for reviews, but cant find any!

By the way, I have an in-depth torsion twist tut stickied somewhere on this site if youd like to use it!

EDIT:

Will I be able to stick these on my truck without buying the super lift? Also, another dumb question (I'm learning as I go while I'm restoring my truck) I'll need 5 right? The fifth being the stabalizer shock?

Okay so I looked and found more bad than good, but the trailmaster ssv has nothing but good reviews you can get them for 239 shipped I do believe these will fit Front 75530 rear 75540

Now the stabilizer i don't think they make up grades so go with stock.

And last ask IzWack about putting on with out lift, I think since they are for lifted vehicle the compress length will be 4" longer than stock and will cause a problem.

http://www.autoanything.com

Ive decided to add the Spindles, bodylift, supershocks, to my truck and do the SOA the week I get back to the states. Or at least all I can accomplish in that first week. Already did the TT and added shackles earlyer this year so if you all can wait another 6 months I'll show u what this all looks like!:salute:

Ive decided to add the Spindles, bodylift, supershocks, to my truck and do the SOA the week I get back to the states. Or at least all I can accomplish in that first week. Already did the TT and added shackles earlyer this year so if you all can wait another 6 months I'll show u what this all looks like!:salute:

Sounds good man, looking forward to it.

anyone have a part or kit number for the superlift front kit? thanks! this will deffinately be alot cheaper than getting the whole kit

anyone have a part or kit number for the superlift front kit? thanks! this will deffinately be alot cheaper than getting the whole kit

9637 Ft box kit it is on the link:

9637 Ft box kit it is on the link:
summit has that part number its only $550, but just wanted to make sure of the part number as the picture on summit doesnt show a kit, just 2 parts and the link for instructions is for f-150s. just wanted to make sure it was right, maybe summit just has the wrong picture.

thanks again!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLF-9637/

So I have my stock explorer now... if I did the body lift and the torsion only... where would I land for a good tire size?

So I have my stock explorer now... if I did the body lift and the torsion only... where would I land for a good tire size?

If you do both you should have right a 5"s of lift and can clear 33x12.50 or 33x10.50.

any ideas?

Ive been looking around for about a motnh now, and cant seem to find a body lift for a 95 explorer, ive been told by a few people that you can modify it for a 3" 94 body lift, not to sure, any ideas?

Ive been looking around for about a motnh now, and cant seem to find a body lift for a 95 explorer, ive been told by a few people that you can modify it for a 3" 94 body lift, not to sure, any ideas?

they dont sell a body lift for the 95+ explorer. need to use the one for the ranger. the only thing is the one set up bumper brackets wont work.

Im trying to find a lift kit for my 2wd 2000 Explorer XLS and I was wondering if the body lift that you were talking about would be good for my truck... "Performance accessory 3" body lift part # pa-883 $189.00

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/PER883.html"

Two questions, can anybody find out if the part #9637 at summit is in fact the superlift front kit? and does the front kit from lousiville4x4 include the differential drop brackets?

Two questions, can anybody find out if the part #9637 at summit is in fact the superlift front kit? and does the front kit from lousiville4x4 include the differential drop brackets?

i would love to know the same thing

I am now looking to lift my Xploder and wondered about the options...

Thanks for the info!

I am right now researching which way to go and what kit to buy to lift my Xploder to fit 33's.

Looks like the Superlift option and body kit, etc that you listed here would raise it up about 8inches and cost about $1,000 not including labor. I am not sure I have the technical skills needed to do a Spring Over Axle anything hahaha.

For us newbies would it be better and less expensive to just buy 2inch $20 Shackles at AutoZone, and do a 2inch front Torsion Twist, then buy a 3inch Body Lift Kit $150.00 to raise it about 5inches for less than $200-$250 not including labor?

It looks like the difference in cost is about $750 to $800 with a height difference of only 3 inches.

What do you more experienced Wheelers think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info!

I am right now researching which way to go and what kit to buy to lift my Xploder to fit 33's.

Looks like the Superlift option and body kit, etc that you listed here would raise it up about 8inches and cost about $1,000 not including labor. I am not sure I have the technical skills needed to do a Spring Over Axle anything hahaha.

For us newbies would it be better and less expensive to just buy 2inch $20 Shackles at AutoZone, and do a 2inch front Torsion Twist, then buy a 3inch Body Lift Kit $150.00 to raise it about 5inches for less than $200-$250 not including labor?

It looks like the difference in cost is about $750 to $800 with a height difference of only 3 inches.

What do you more experienced Wheelers think?

I am not an experienced wheeler, but I think it depends on how you will use it. I went with the body and shackle lift because mine will be on pavement more then anything and will not see any serious wheeling. The suspension lift will give you more ground clearance to the frame and room for bigger tires. Where the body lift will give you room for bigger tires and the only ground clearance you gain is from the bigger tires.

Back