2wd lift kit with spindles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd lift kit with spindles?

JimmyZ30024

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport 2wd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 2wd and did keys and shackles in the back. I had not seen this kit.

I've used 2" replacement spindles on several 2wd vehicles to change the ride height (although I wanted to lower rather than raise). Never presented any problems.

I have 2wd and did keys and shackles in the back. I had not seen this kit.

Hey I happen to have a couple of question about lifts. So I’m running a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport (2door) that is 2wd. I’m dying to lift it! Maybe some lift off road trails and sorts for camping. I’m looking to get a 4-6 inch lift. In suspension for the rear I’m going to do a SOA and maybe shackles with of course the extended brake lines and new longer shocks. But I’m not sure what to do in the front. I know I can go with Fabtech spindles and those are a 3.5 inch lift but I need smaller brakes and then brake lines.. but how would I get up to 5inches in the front without doing a TT because it makes me have a stiff ride.?

I've used 2" replacement spindles on several 2wd vehicles to change the ride height (although I wanted to lower rather than raise). Never presented any problems.

Hey I happen to have a couple of question about lifts. So I’m running a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport (2door) that is 2wd. I’m dying to lift it! Maybe some lift off road trails and sorts for camping. I’m looking to get a 4-6 inch lift. In suspension for the rear I’m going to do a SOA and maybe shackles with of course the extended brake lines and new longer shocks. But I’m not sure what to do in the front. I know I can go with Fabtech spindles and those are a 3.5 inch lift but I need smaller brakes and then brake lines.. but how would I get up to 5inches in the front without doing a TT because it makes me have a stiff ride.?

Back