2wd Lift Spindles - '01 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd Lift Spindles - '01 Sport

wwbiii

Reaction score
Hello y'all. I called 4WP the other day and was going to get just the Pro-Comp 2wd lift spindles for my '01 Sport. They wanted $380.00 for the spindles and then an extra 20 or so for shipping. Basically an even 400 bucks to my door. Do any of y'all know of other places that would have just the spindles (Bullseye) Pro-Comp or Fabtech for cheaper? If not I'll snag these off of 4WP. Here's the plan, SOA in the rear with OEM leaves and shackles, and 3 inch lift spindles since I'm 2wd and then a TT adjustment to level her out. My spring perches from M.O.R.E are going to be here thursday so I need to get some lift in the front, then it's on to buying tires. Thanks!

Where did you order the parts to do the SAO conversion? I got hooked up at a 4WP expo on Sunday and got the spindles for 325. Lucky me i guess. Around 400 is what i priced them about before hand though. Im doin the same setup that you are planning. Whos will look better? Hmmm. Thanks for any info and good luck with your X.

taknitezX2 said:
Where did you order the parts to do the SAO conversion? I got hooked up at a 4WP expo on Sunday and got the spindles for 325. Lucky me i guess. Around 400 is what i priced them about before hand though. Im doin the same setup that you are planning. Whos will look better? Hmmm. Thanks for any info and good luck with your X.

Tak,
I ordered my perches from Mountain Offroad Enterprises, they are a fab/offroad shop located out of Colorado. Many users on the board as far as I know get generic spring perches for real cheap, 12 bucks and what not. The ones I've ordered were 55 bucks shipped to my door. These are longer and maybe a hair wider. They are supposedly anti-wrap, but basically just a larger perch than the generic ones. They seem to be more heavy duty just from looking at the pictures on the internet, mine come in this coming Thursday. Here is the link to 'em and our axle diameters are 3.25 if you were wondering. Dead Link Removed I hope this helps and also what size tires are you planning on running? If you have any more questions about what my setup is going to be like or anything ask me or pm me. Have a good'n!

Back