• Register Today It's free!

2wd lift

xr600boy

Reaction score
City, State
Sonora, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer
I have a 92EB 2wd and I need more ground clearence for my truck. I tow a 10 by 6 foot trailor to go dirtbike riding and drag the toung every now and than. I have had a problem with it acting like an ancor at times. I plan on puting 31x10.5-15's on it, so I need more wheelwell clearance. Any help would be grate. Thanks Dead Link Removed

------------------
92EB 2wd with chip and Flowmaster catback system.
Jim
"The older I get the faster I was."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 4" Fabtech lift on my 94 2wd. Gave me plenty of clearance for 32's. I have extended radius arms in the front too. The ride greatly increased. I have a new spring pack in the rear instead of using blocks. I know the Fabtech lift is more money than the skyjacker kits. I looked into a couple options before i bought mine. I looked into bending the i beams to get 4 inches, but then decided againest it. Weakens the beam when they heat it and bend it. Check out Donahue racing, Fabtech motorsports, and Skyjacker.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Clears all the way around

Brian, do you have the web-adresses for Fabtech or Donahue Racing? I was wondering if any one had tried the Fabtech lift, it seems like the best one for the 2wd Explorers. Thanks again for the reply Brian. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Jim

www.fabtechmotorsports.com and the donahue racing is on the explorer resources page. The fabtech lift is awesome. Once i have it regeared and the locker put in i'm heading out to Truckhaven to give it a test. Where is Cambell, ca. sorry i spelled it wrong, but i cant see where your from well at least on this page. If your somewhat close you could see the lift on the truck. I'm going to post pics of my truck soon and send some to Rick. The lift is top quality.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16

Brian, Campbell is neer San Jose, ca. Thanks for the web-site link. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Jim

heres the other link.. www.donahoeracing.com There kit is about the same price, but without shocks and extended raduis arms. They just modify your stock ones. I've heard different things on bending your i beams. Since there already heat treated, heating them up again and bending them they lose their strength and integrity.
Brian

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16

Back