2wd Long Travel Coil-Over Suspension | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd Long Travel Coil-Over Suspension

Well I think what helped Camburg become interested is that my friend just dumped $4000 on their Long Travel Coil-Over kit for his 95 F150.
Also I was there for about an hour and a half talking to them about the kit for our Explorers. And what also made them interested in doing a kit for the Explorer was that the kit would also work on the Ranger Edge's.
They told me that if they make a kit they want to go all out and make it really insane. They were talking about making Billet Upper A-arms for the kit and boxed Lower A-arms and custom spindles. And making some other insane things for the kit.
Now I just have to talk to them about the price range and how we are going to make this kit and when it will be finished.

Also I need to figure out what Coil-Overs to go with either King, Sway-a-Way, or Fox. I want to know what you guys think I should use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You left out Bilstein... All the shocks are good, the valving in them is what's most important. Just choose a color shock you like and have it properly valved. The racing shocks aren't like the shelf shocks, they're all good, all rebuildable and all revalvable.

Well right now I might just go with King Coil-overs.

sweet KinGS!!! I heard some bad stuff about SAW's but i heard they're okay now.

btw.. that explorer from baker motorsports, is that a one piece hood and fenders? I was on the hannemann fiberglass website and was looking for a one piece hood and fender kit for explorers.. they have a one piece hood and fenders for a new ranger and maybe thought about just putting that on my mountaineer..

I think Kings will work the best for us.
As far as fiberglass I am going to try and get a hold of Hannemann and see if maybe I can get them to make fiberglass for the 2nd Gen. Explorers.
Also with this Coil-Over kit you will need to get fiberglass for thr front with at least a 5" bulge.

how big are the perry fenders? are they five inch bulge? because i have them... and do you think you could get hannemann to build a one piece hood and fenders?

I think Perry has two different size fenders one a is 3" bulge and the other is a 5-6" bulge. I will see if Hannemann is interested in making a one piece hood.
But there is a company I found out about last month and they make a lot of one pieces front ends they are called Fiberwerx .
You might want to call them and ask them if they make a one piece for the 2nd Gen. Explorers.

Good luck with all this

I have a friend that does awesome fabwork and we were going to build a kit too but just the parts alone are 2500.00 If you plan on making a kit and doing it right I think 4-5k is the $$$ range you will be looking at. By the way I am selling my 96 explorer 4dr, 5in lift on 32's with a V8 for 5k if interested e-mail me sexplorer820@aol.com Best of luck guys!

Back