2wd SAS | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd SAS

so i dont need a new trans? and how detailed is the T-case work that needs to be done...is it pretty straight forward or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you need to modify the tranny. It needs a new tailhousing with an output shaft so it hooks to the tcase instead of the rear shaft.

So like I said before: 2 new shafts, tcase, tailhousing, and cutting a hole in the floor for the tcase shift lever(s).

so could i just do the 4wd conversion first? and then do the sas? or would that be harder?

You really need to look around and search here and do a little bit of research. All of your questions could be answered with a little bit of leg work man.

Originally posted by littleExplorer
so could i just do the 4wd conversion first? and then do the sas? or would that be harder?

You want to do it all at the same time because the SOA will affect rear shaft length.

And yes, research please!

ok sorry. i wont post anymore,doesnt matter to me..this site is for info not about superiority over others right?ill just look at others threads even though they dont exactly get want i wanna ask. oh well. i guess its just not as big of a deal to me as it is to others.thanks anyways.

I was planning on doing the same thing before i decided to sell my explorer.

currently i have spindles and a body lift and i fit 35's with ease.

i was planning on doing a SAS with a dana 30, i have all the stuff to do it for sale $800 i will be in virgina beach in mid december and can deliever it to you if you are interested.

my plan was to do the SAS first and then once it was all done put in a BW manual shifting Tcase and new drive shafts (phase 2)

anyway i was planning on using the dana 30 from a cherokee and using an early bronco suspension setup.

go to the for sale section and you can see everything i have or do a search and there is a thread in the project section with more info.

email me @ jeffseal@aol.com
or call me @ 615-838-0318

Originally posted by littleExplorer
ok sorry. i wont post anymore,doesnt matter to me..this site is for info not about superiority over others right?ill just look at others threads even though they dont exactly get want i wanna ask. oh well. i guess its just not as big of a deal to me as it is to others.thanks anyways.

Are you kidding me? Sorry it gets old answering the same question over time. Search. And yes the info is alreay out there, it just takes 2 hoots of effort to find. Sorry we can't or don't want to cater to your every need. Everyone gets the search lecture. It's a great tool, use it. :rolleyes: :eek:

Hey little...

I don't know what your final plans are, but if you havn't already....check out GIJOE's EX. He's 2wd and IMO it looks great (and i think that's what you're going for is only looks).

Everybody at one point asks alot of questions. Don't give up on us...

Back