3.0 ranger Ford code TID: $10 CID: $21 test fail(02 sensor?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.0 ranger Ford code TID: $10 CID: $21 test fail(02 sensor?)

mms1361

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
I hooked up an obd2 scanner on my truck. Ive never had nor do i have a CEL right now. However when i went through the test that came back as a fail. Doing some quick reading that seems to point to an 02 sensor or possibly a vacuum leak? I went through the whole truck looking for vacuum leaks both visually and with a propane torch. None were found. I have about 18-20 psi in vaccum at idle, im not sure what the norm is. I looked at the 02 sensor data and noticed bank1 sensor 1+2 & bank 2 sensor 1 all displayed fluctuations of between 0.10 to 0.70 volts at idle. However bank 2 sensor 2 seems to be stuck at 1.27 v. Ive read im supposed to have 3 o2 sensors. 2 upstream and one down. However it seems on there i have 4? Which is bank2sensor2 and would it be a good idea to replace it?

Ive also read on some threads that this data is related to fuel trim but i dont know how to put the 2 together for diagnosing. No problems with the truck otherwise. Just pinging and (seemingly)low power on hills.

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem. Seems like o2 sensor(s) need replaced.

Back