• Register Today It's free!

3-4 5r55w flare

Davies0202

Reaction score
City, State
Blandon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer 4.6
Have a rebuilt 5r55w with less than 10k miles that has an occasional clunk when shifting from 3-4 with no load. After it clunks it’ll flare a few times on the 3-4 shift after a while it seems to fix itself then begin to shift normal so not really sure what it is. All other shifts normal

I moved your thread to our Transmission forum. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you here.

I moved your thread to our Transmission forum. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you here.
Sorry I would of posted it here first I just didn’t know this branch of the forum existed, thanks!

Have a rebuilt 5r55w with less than 10k miles that has an occasional clunk when shifting from 3-4 with no load. After it clunks it’ll flare a few times on the 3-4 shift after a while it seems to fix itself then begin to shift normal so not really sure what it is. All other shifts normal
And update I reset my pcm with the battery drain and then the obd2 tool and it stopped flairing so atleast that narrows it down to an electric issue I’d hope?

Back