3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues

Their fix is called "Master Reset"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are very quick to welcome new owners and reply when owners praise their Explorers, but pretty slow when there are complaints and problems.

This 3.5.1 upgrade is a nightmare for me(Bluetooth connectivity, missing icon from dashboard display, cancel button for backup camera etc). I had no issues with the previous 3.2 and now just frustration .Beside that shame on ford for not fixing the messaging bug for the iPhone . I know it is Apple but as a consumer I don't care who's fault it is. Ford and Apple get together and fix this problem.We payed top dollar for this cars.
I purchased this Ford for looks and technology and now I am forced to downgrade back to 3.2 instead of upgrade and this is Ford fault.
Shame on you I say!

I am having BT problems too with 3.5.1. BT stereo skips every 5 to 10 sec. Especially frustrating when I rent many different (non-Ford) cars while on business and have never had a single one that had a problem with BT.

I'll be getting my explorer next week and i'll check to see how my bluetooth works.

It would help if anyone with issues listed the model and firmware version of their phone. I know that all android 4.x+ phones have known bluetooth bugs. These bugs don't show issues with every phone either, it's hit or miss.

My current phone is a samsung galaxy nexus which is running android 4.2.1. I have connection issues on my 2008 TL. The bluetooth audio has a bug that causes it to skip and degrade quality really bad when a phone call is live. I read the new 4.2.2 android release I should be getting soon fixes many bluetooth issues with the phone.

Majority of the Bluetooth bugs interfacing with MFT are Apple iPhone related.

Apple, of course, chose a proprietary version of Bluetooth Message Access Protocol.

Majority of the Bluetooth bugs interfacing with MFT are Apple iPhone related.

Apple, of course, chose a proprietary version of Bluetooth Message Access Protocol.

While there is no doubt in my mind that Apple chooses to make proprietary problems for themselves.
The common denominator here is MFT. I have a WP8 and it is unusable for BT streaming, period.
At least it was partially useable before 3.5.1.

I have a BT Stereo issue.....

Sometimes it works perfectly. When I say sometimes, maybe 3 out of 10 times....

Most of the time one of the following happens.....

*Doesnt play through the car, just through the phone...whats funny is that if I hit the next track button, the track changes and continues to play through the phone, AND, the song title and artist display on the myford touch screen....have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone and back on, then reconnect it to the car for it to work properly.

* Will not play at all ...at which time I have to turn bluetooth off of my phone, reset my phone, turn the car off, wait for about 2 minutes, turn the car back on, re-pair my phone with sync, then it will play.

I am having these same two issues. I have no sound through the car (only the phone) but can control the sound (pause, fast forward, etc) by using MFT. So strange...

I am having these same two issues. I have no sound through the car (only the phone) but can control the sound (pause, fast forward, etc) by using MFT. So strange...

Thats the exact same issue I have, its driving me nuts.....

Mark my words the suggested fix will be "Just do a Master Reset"

UPDATE:
When I got in the car this morning, it automatically started playing from my playlist. And I now have this problem:
"
* Plays fine, but the text just shows chinese, korean, and japanese characters"

I found a button under "Media Devices" that will allow you to turn off "AutoPlay" We'll see if that works. But at least I now have sound through my car. Worth the trade-off and hassle? Not sure yet.

Why must this be so complicated?

Thats the exact same issue I have, its driving me nuts.....

Mark my words the suggested fix will be "Just do a Master Reset"

Wow I really want to hear that song - let me just pull over and disconnect the battery real quick - this is so cool ;)

LOL.......seriously I did have to pull over and do a Master Reset to get the phone to answer calls properly.

I have emailed Mr Mullally and suggested a name change.

My Ford Reset.

So I was researching bluetooth streaming as I will be upgrading from my Droid X and I discovered that Android JellyBean version 4.1 has a Bluetooth streaming bug that causes random skipping. I know that many in this thread use an iPhone and so this doesn't apply, but for those who use Android, and if you are on JellyBean 4.1, then it's your phone. Version 4.2 apparently fixes the issue.

Before the update the Bluetooth Streaming from my phone worked pretty well.
But now, even when my phone is already linked up, when I choose the BT stereo option it has to connect again and then it cuts in and out constantly.

I have also noticed that BT Stereo option never shows up on the console next to the speedometer. I used to be able to switch to it with the steering wheel buttons and now that is not an option. :(

anyone else?

Here is a great fix -so far
This works!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381423

Back