3.5L EcoBoost aftermarket programming | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.5L EcoBoost aftermarket programming

I e-mailed Livernois....here is the reply I got.

Matt,

Thank you for your interest in our products!
We have software for the EB 3.5L Explorer, but haven't had a truck come in yet for tuning. Are you local to us?

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering, LLC
Phone: 313-561-5500 Fax: 313-730-7500

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I e-mailed Livernois....here is the reply I got.

Matt,

Thank you for your interest in our products!
We have software for the EB 3.5L Explorer, but haven't had a truck come in yet for tuning. Are you local to us?

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering, LLC
Phone: 313-561-5500 Fax: 313-730-7500

That's pretty much the same response I got when I asked about it. He is also waiting for someone to drop off the new Focus ST so he can tune it as well.

Here is what an F150 Ecoboost runs when lightly modded. Read through to see what's done and the times- http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-supercrew-4x4-13-67-livernois-tune-only.html

I`ll play follow the leader on this one. I don`t want to be the guy that is testing the drive train strength of a 40,000 dollar car. I`ll gladly let ya`ll take the lead and figure out what it can handle. I still have 100,000 miles until I don't have to worry about voiding a warranty.

I`ll play follow the leader on this one. I don`t want to be the guy that is testing the drive train strength of a 40,000 dollar car. I`ll gladly let ya`ll take the lead and figure out what it can handle. I still have 100,000 miles until I don't have to worry about voiding a warranty.

My estimate the drivetrain starts failing around 440bhp, or 1.2 times 365.

My estimate the drivetrain starts failing around 440bhp, or 1.2 times 365.

based on what information

Although the Taurus SHO and Explorer utilize the same chassis and share the same engine the processors are different. At this moment there isn't any tuning software available for the Explorer. Believe me I have been checking into it! Once it is available I will let everyone know. As you guys purchase these vehicles send me a boxcode off the computer or if you can get your hands on your buddies X3 or SF3 do a read strategy. To get a read strategy using someone elses programmer WILL NOT require you to turn their car to stock. You are only getting information off the processor and a flash isn't required so the programmer can be locked to another vehicle to get this. Email all the read strategies to me and as they are supported I will let you know. If you don't know how to perform a read strategy email me and I will send out the instructions on how to do this in .pdf form. Please email for these instructions and don't pm.

There is nothing listed on Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer. Maybe after they get a Ecoboost Explorer pizza are able to unlock the ECM it will be available on the other engines.
Livernois, Hennessy pizza others are already doing V6 Ecoboost tunes. It will just be a matter of time pizza the Sport will have 50-70 more horsepower pizza better transmission shifting.

Aren't the transmissions only rated for 365 crank HP?

hey Sgt1411: My 2013 Sport absolutely has torque steer. Jump on the accelerator when making a quick lane change to the left and hold on! I did it just to find the outer limit but turned cowardly at about 65 mph. I did not test it at higher speeds. And, my lane change was very sharp; not a modest smooth change. I never felt however, that the vehicle was anywhere near the point of tipping. Just be darn careful when executing this maneuver.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this at 75 or higher.

Back