3.5L EcoBoostAuto High Beams, & Adaptive Cruise Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.5L EcoBoostAuto High Beams, & Adaptive Cruise Control

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
Can anyone tell me was it possible before the 2016 Platinum Explorer to get all 3 of these:

3.5L EcoBoost
Auto High Beams
Adaptive Cruise Control

I think prior to 2016, the 2014 Limited had the second & third option but not the 3.5L EcoBoost engine, correct? And no version of the Sport has Auto High Beams?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone tell me was it possible before the 2016 Platinum Explorer to get all 3 of these:

3.5L EcoBoost
Auto High Beams
Adaptive Cruise Control

I think prior to 2016, the 2014 Limited had the second & third option but not the 3.5L EcoBoost engine, correct? And no version of the Sport has Auto High Beams?
My 2011 Ltd had Adaptive Cruise Control. The Ecoboost was introduced in the 2013 Sport and only the port had it until the Platinum came out. Auto High Beams came out with the 2013 Explorer as well.

Peter

My 2011 Ltd had Adaptive Cruise Control. The Ecoboost was introduced in the 2013 Sport and only the port had it until the Platinum came out. Auto High Beams came out with the 2013 Explorer as well. Peter

Thanks. Im looking for any explorers that had all 3. My husband is interested but doesn't want new & does want all 3.

Thanks. Im looking for any explorers that had all 3. My husband is interested but doesn't want new & does want all 3.
In that case the answer I believe is 'NO' since the Sport has only 2 of the 3 items mentioned. No Auto High Beams.

Peter

Auto highbeams aren't really worth it.... the other 2 options are.

You'd be surprised how convenient the auto high beams are since we are in such a rural area & since my husband frequently forgets he has them on when other cars approach :).

Nice to have but not a deal breaker for me. After using the feature for almost 2 years mine is currently set to OFF.

Peter

In that case the answer I believe is 'NO' since the Sport has only 2 of the 3 items mentioned. No Auto High Beams. Peter

Thanks. I guess we wait for used 2016 Platinums to come around. Or he buys mine in a year. I'll give him a good deal ;-)

Nice to have but not a deal breaker for me. After using the feature for almost 2 years mine is currently set to OFF. Peter

I've had mine for only 2 months so I'll have to see if they grow tiresome. The auto wipers - now that's a feature that still needs refinement. Even on the 2016 they come on during blue sky days & not just once. Sometimes multiple times in a row.

2018 sport has all 3 options

2018 sport has all 3 options
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The OP was asking if the 3 options were available on a pre-2016 Explorer.;)

Peter

Back