3" BL in process! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3" BL in process!

Picture of the 3" Body lift

Sorry for the wait.
But here is the Ex with the 3" body lift.
Still need to adjust the bumpers.
Got the new 33" Tires, now I need some Rims.
So if you got any let me know.
Thanks Ed

Attachments

• '91 Explorer 070.jpg
    '91 Explorer 070.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 253

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good, defintly need to get the 33's on soon.

Yeah
You ain't kidding
I just need to get some rims.
I thought I would be able to fit the 33's on the stock rims but they are 12.5" wide, so now i'm on the hunt for those rims.
but thanks.

Finally

Finally was able to get them 33's on
check it out below.
Thanks to every one that replied to me on this thread.
Peace Ed

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 215

Is that just a 3 inch Body Lift and 33's?

That's correct.
But I still need to adjust the bumpers. But the tires don't rub or anything when i turn the wheel.

Definitely looks much better now:thumbsup::cool:

I have a 93 ex sport and i broke 2 bolts doing my bl and let me tell you its a bicth. The 1st bolt is the bolt behind the pass seat about 2inch still in the hole...

The 2nd is up front on the pass side next to radiator with a nut on it.. Any ida how i can remove theese..

I was thinking drill out the one behind pass seat all the way and use the bolt that came with 3inch kit. Go to a hardwear store and buy a nut to fit the bolt throw it all together and tighten it.. Should that work?

I was thinking drill out the one behind pass seat all the way and use the bolt that came with 3inch kit. Go to a hardwear store and buy a nut to fit the bolt throw it all together and tighten it.. Should that work?

yep this would work

well good news

i was playing around before work 2day and i loosen the one nut up front by the bumper i realized they go up not down DUH. So i loosen the nut i got the broken bolt out of the front pass by the bumper.. I also got the other side loose as well but bolt wont move i may have to beat it with a hammer.

My question about the bolts that came with the kit are we supposed to drill out all 10 bushings then put the bolts in with nuts that i have to buy? Do i have to reuse the nut on bottom of bushings?

Thank you

Dennis really comfused about the kit.:mad:

I think if you got the kit for that vehicle then the bolts should go thought the nuts on the mounts.

okay i put a bolt from the kit in the one hole to test it it does fit and tighten

Now for the bolt stuck in the other i guess that will be the only one that will be with a nut i guess..

oh okay well i do thank you for the help by the way your ride looks nice to

so i guess i just need to drill it out jack it up put blocks on rubber and set body on blocks and throw bolts in to hold it sound right to you??

i hope so

well i'll try when i get home this weekend im on my way to ohio. someone has to drive this semi around the states lol

Dennis

Man this was so nice to see...as far as the finished product. Sorry you had problems but it taught me I def. need someone to help me with this, someone that has tools better than mine and a 'lil more knowledge. I have the lift and tires just need to rims for my '91 Ex. Now I need to find someone in GA, or TN, to install it for me, problem is I want to help and just pay for a 'lil labor.

Back