3"BL, shackles, TT, add-a-leaf = rough ride? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3"BL, shackles, TT, add-a-leaf = rough ride?

Supergumby5000

Reaction score
City, State
Poulsbo, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Planning on finally lifting my explorer sometime this early summer, and i dont want to spend too much on it. I see a lot of people just get a 3" BL with shackles, a TT, and add-a-leaf in the back to even it all out. How rough of a ride is this all going to add up? i dont mind a rough ride really, but dont want it to be TOO bad. Im riding on pretty much blown rear shocks right now, so my ride is already rough (yes, i'll replace them when its lifted hehe). Just wanna try to get the words out of somebody that has this lift.

Supergumby5000 said:
Planning on finally lifting my explorer sometime this early summer, and i dont want to spend too much on it. I see a lot of people just get a 3" BL with shackles, a TT, and add-a-leaf in the back to even it all out. How rough of a ride is this all going to add up? i dont mind a rough ride really, but dont want it to be TOO bad. Im riding on pretty much blown rear shocks right now, so my ride is already rough (yes, i'll replace them when its lifted hehe). Just wanna try to get the words out of somebody that has this lift.

always going to be rough as soona s you mess with it.
I have on mine shackels and also 2 adda leafs on each side.
rough but you have to do what you need to do..

Back