• Register Today It's free!

3" BL WITH 33's ????????????

1991Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
brocton new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok I got one for you all, the tire chart says, yes with minor shaving or what have ya you can fit 33's with just a 3"bl. Alot of members say its a deffinate no go. Now I know someone out there has to have done this and has some pics. I would love to see a first gen with 3" bl and some darn 33's. This is what I want to do too mine, but alot of people are saying no way. I think Im foing to go ahead and do it any ways cause damit i want em. I was going to do 33X10.50's thinking that maybe being not as wide as the norm 12.50's They may not rub and, would maybe be better on the road in the snow, ice and slush for winter/year round driving. I just bought this X it needs new tires so, theres nothing better than to go bigger. Figured for 100 bux mine as well do a simple BL and go as big as I can with some tires to get up there a lil bit but still beable to handle the roads in the snow and ice no prob and not float around. So any body have pics or have done 3" BL ONLY and some 33" meats???????? Put an end to all this yes no fit junk so everyone will know. I will post pics for everyone here in a few weeks with the new BL and tires too, and damit I want 33's LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if 33s with a 3" body lift will fit on a first gen, but to help it fit a little better, you could do the spacer + addaleaf/shackle(or both) lift.

The 33s will probably fit with a bit of trimming.

My 33/12.5/15 rubbed mad at first. An i got spacer/shackle lift. I will be the first to tell ya now way.

Never, i still had to trim with 3 body and 2 tt, back was fine with shackles and add-a-leaf

even 33X10.50's would not work? there not as wide so when turning they would not rub would they? BFG Allterrain's are a nice tire and I could get in a 10.50. skinnier would track throught the snow and ice on are crazy roads here better than a 12.50 anyways I think. If 10.50s wouldnt work, I can go with 32's I guess, I just wanted 33's hehe. anyways let me know what ya guys think that be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

in a tsraight line youll be fine... but compressing offroad will rub like crazy.... a 33" tall anyti=hing is just too much without hitting with only a 3" bl.... 3" bl, f150 spacers, shackles and add a leaf and the 33s will fit with some trimming

I dont know as if id ever do much off roading with it, its old has alot of miles and is just a winter truck. Somthing to bum around in. It just needs new tires and it sits as low as some dam cars do it seems. So I just wanted to get it up a little taller more like a real truck, and I figured id go as big as I could get it that wouldnt be much a hassle. Thanks for your help, I may just be safe I guess do the 32X11.50's I noticed alot of guys doing that with the 3" BL

you would be able to fit 33x10.5, if you're really that set on getting a 33....with trimming of course.

i had a 4" skyjacker suspension and 33's rubbed hard so w/ a 3" body aint no way but i didn't trim so i reckon if u trimmed u might be able to if u dont want ur fenders

i have a 3" body lift with my own custom 2" suspention and i honestly cant tell you if theyll rub in off roading but i know theyle fit if your not off roading. right now i have 30 inch tires and i have a lot of room left. im gettin my 33" tires pretty soon and ill keep you posted.

I have a 3" BL , 2" coils and AAL's with 33x12.5's and I dont go offroading. I do however rub alot when the front end is compressed, I even trimmed to. So be prepared to do alot of hacking with only a 3"BL.

I have a 3" BL , 2" coils and AAL's with 33x12.5's and I dont go offroading. I do however rub alot when the front end is compressed, I even trimmed to. So be prepared to do alot of hacking with only a 3"BL.

Same here. Check out my sig for pictures.

Back