• Register Today It's free!

3" body lift for '01 sport

JBROJ

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I purchased my '01 sport this summer and have been interested in modding it for off-roading for a while. Doing some research on this site i found another '01 sport with many similar mods that I would like to do...

In the section it mentions getting a Bodylift for a 98-00 Ranger, but some minor modifications will be needed. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of modifications that would entail or if there was an easier way around this...

Also I will hopefully be upgrading wheels/tires around the same time, just wondering if anyone had some ideas for size and type (i.e. i would like a decent tire for minimal off-roading but do not want to sacrifice a whole lot of the ride on highway)
Thanks

the body lift kit that i think you have in mind is the Performance Accessories (PA) 883. The only modification that really needs to be done is the bumper brackets.

you dont necessarily need to look for another 01 sport to guide you in doing this lift as the 2001 Explorer Sport is still, for the most part, a second generation Explorer - so any second generation body lift write up will very helpful. i think the most obvious difference between the 01 sport and the other 2nd gens is the "blended" bumper.

as for the wheels/tires, search around on here as there are way too many threads about this topic. but just as a quicky, you're probably going to want to look into an "all-terrain" tire (BF goodrich has a good one).

please dont forget that tires that are a lot larger than your stock size will probably mean a differential regear. this all depends on what ratio differential you have now. but again, please search around the board as this issue has also been covered many times.

you can take a look at myn... i add an add-a-leaf and shackles in the back and tt the front....easly clearing the 31" ssrs...i know i can get a 32 in there but not to sure on the 33 :usa:

Back