• Register Today It's free!

3" Body lift for a '96 Limited

Bdoggg

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Limited
I want to put a 3" Body lift on my '96 Ford Explorer Limited with the air ride suspension to squeeze 32x11.5x15 under the fenders. Is there a body lift kit you can buy for my year? I've heard both the Ranger body lift and 91-94 Explorer kits will work with some additional screws and bumper brackets. Please let me know if this is possible and will the tires rub and will this affect my air ride suspension?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the PA - 853 works for the '95-97's. You'll have to fab bumper brackets for the rear. Try doing a search, there's more than enough information available.

the BL will still work with air susp.??

I have heard the air ride suspension and sensors will not be affected by the body lift only? can someone confirm this information and will the vehicle raise the additional 3-4" in 4 low with the BL installed as it does when it's at stock height with the air ride on?

Yeah.. I think you only encounter problems with the air ride when you mess with the suspension (ie shackles and aal).

Back