• Register Today It's free!

3" Body Lift Kit Suggestions

crazyhorse2112

Reaction score
City, State
O'Fallon, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
I am preparing to install a 3" body lift kit on my '02 Sport Trac around christmas time this year and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to make the install go easier. About how long did it take to install if you did it in your garage? Any input would be helpful.

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It took me 2 days to do mine by myself. Used some straps and the rafters in my garage to lift the bed alone. Spray the body mount bolts with PB Blaster everyday for a week before you start. Use air tools and a sawzall

I have an 02 XLT and had it done at a shop. The estimated 1.5 days, it ended up taking 3.5 days. They said a lot of the bolts had to be cut off and drilled out. It was from central Kansas, so considering where you're located, you could run into some serious bolt issues.

i took me 12 hours, make sure you have a torch it really helps take out the BTF bolts.

Yes i did...it took me around 12 hours to do at home...i will put pictures up when i get the chance

Did you do anything to keep the A/C line that goes under the harmonic balancer from getting cut by the harmonic balancer?

Here's what I did with mine....

bodylift_achose.jpg

yea i just kinda jerry rigged it with bailing wire real good

Back